Thursday, February 10, 2011

BUTTERFLY WHIMSY



Hello Everyone! Happy Thursday! Everyone in our house is gearing up for Valentine's Day parties and my son's birthday - probably more my son's birthday which is this Saturday!


Todays card uses the following challenges and techniques...

I used the Sweet Stop Sketch from this week! SSS94 and the Technique Junkie Newsletter Background Whimsy- Dye Method


Some more challenges...
Fairy Fun Fridays – for a sweetheart Paper Crafting Journey - love is in the air Crafty Creations - three little words Creative Craft World - - love Crafty Hos' - Love Crafty Pad   - Love is in the air Creative Cowgirls - Love is in the air ECP Challenges - Love Crafty Calendar- Love Crazy 4 Challenges - Valentines Secret Crafter - Valentine  Bunny Zoe's Crafts (2nd MON) - Love is in the air Incy Wincy Designs - Love Ooh La La Creations- For someone special Pink Elephant (2W) - be my valentine Stamp with Fun - Love Stamping Scrapping Central (2W) - Valentines Stamps R Us (2W, 2E) - Love/Valentines Stamptacular Sunday (must stamp) - Love and lots of hearts Mami Doodles - (2W, SIO, JFF) – magic of love
Stampin For The Weekend - (2W, 1E) – Valentine's Day Wild Orchids- Love is 

I used Creative Inspiration Paints: Evergreen, Burnt Clay, Chocolate, Raw Sienna, Mellow Yellow  In writing class, we are talking about adjectives.... so here are some I would use to describe these paints! Creamy, Shimmery, Sparkly, AFFORDABLE!!! FUN!  If you have not used these paints you will definitely want to buy some and give them a try!


I used I Brake For StampsZebra Butterfly image. I love this image! It is so pretty and fun to work with for different techniques!


Here are some more details...

Stamps: Zebra Butterfly from I Brake For Stamps save yourself 10% by using the code Save10Chris - 
Paper: White, Not Quite navy, Cajun Craze,
Accessories: Creative Inspiration Paints: Evergreen, Burnt Clay, Chocolate, Raw Sienna, Mellow Yellow , White gel pen, Martha Stewart punch, SU Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Sponge Daubers
Techniques: Background Whimsy

Ok!!! I have my work out done, my blog post done and now I need to head up to shower and get to work!!! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day! Thank you so much for stopping by!
Chrissy D

21 comments:

Céline said...

fab card, lovely colorfull
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

jimlynn said...

This is just gorgeous!!! Love it.
Lynn

Wendi said...

What a beautiful card I love that image butterflies are a fav of mine
lovely embossing too
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

jojoscraps said...

You've colored this butterfly to perfection! Just a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamps R US challenge and good luck!
Jo xx

aqualeiga said...

Wow, such a detailed image and you've coloured it beautifully! Thank you for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week. Hugs, Ali x

Traci S. said...

Wow Chris. I am at a loss for words. I am just amazed at how neatly and wonderfully you painted this card. I love Creative Inspiration Paints. They are wonderful. I need some practice with them, however.

Do you find it easier to emboss first, when using these paints? Or do you stamp the image in a certain ink so the colors don't run? I would really benefit from your knowledge on this.

This card is more than stunning!
Thank you for sharing it with us.

Happy Birthday (early) to your son...Dave's bday is the day after Valentine's Day! I'm sure you will all be having a special day for your son.

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Kathy W said...

very pretty!

Creative Inspirations said...

Beautiful card!

Tammy Miller said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love everything about it!. Thanks for joining us at the The Crafty Ho’s Challenge Blog Love Challenge. I hope to see you back. Tammy

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

What a great card, beautiful. Thanks for playing along at Stamps R Us.

Marianne said...

Love this butterfly, well infact i love all butterflies!
But yours is beautiful colored!
Very stylish card!
Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge!
Marianne

Maggie's Crafts said...

Wow! Love it!

Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad @ http://thecraftypad.blogspot.com/ Please come back on Sunday for another brilliant challenge! :)

Maggie
xx

downrightcrafty said...

Beautiful creation thank you for sharing it with us at the SCSC this week
Hugs Kate xx

Poppet said...

A beautiful, vibrant card Chrissy. I love the colours you have used on your image with the yellow border behind.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at the Creative Cowgirls Challenge. :-) xx

Mini said...

Wow! I love the strong colours on your super card! Thanks for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft World.
Sue x

mforquer said...

Wow a gorgeous creation!!! Love all the color! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week!
Hugs,
M

Chocolate Orange said...

Very pretty card.
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for our Love Challenge.
Choccy x

Karita said...

Pretty card! :)

Thanks for joining at SSC this week :)

Hugs,
Karita

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your beautiful work always amazes me and this is no exception. I love it.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty- love all of the wonderful colors. Thanks for joining the Stamps R Us Challenge !

Jenni said...

Beautiful butterfly! Thanks so much for joining in with the Crafty Calendar challenge this month.
Jenni x