Tuesday, January 11, 2011

{ODBDLYLS1} Our First Scrapbook Challenge

Hello Everyone! Welcome to my first official post to the  'Let Your Light Shine Scrapbook Challenge' at Our Daily Bread Designs.  I am SO excited to be a part of this team and to be back to my Scrapbooking! I can get stuck in ruts and create only cards at times... so it is WONDERFUL to pull out my photos and get busy scrappin'!

These stamps are PERFECT for your albums! We hope that if you haven't scrap booked before that you will join us and give it a try. If you are a seasoned scrapper but haven't tried stamps on your pages, we hope that you will give that a try too! Everyone is welcome and encouraged to play along!

Our challenge for January is a sketch! We thought it would be helpful to start with a sketch to get you started! Here is your sketch:


For my 12 x 12 page, I used three stamp sets from Our Daily Bread Designs: Faith, Large Butterfly Background and  As You Graduate. I stamped the butterflies and cut them out as my extra embellishments! 


Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Faith, Large Butterfly Background and  As You Graduate.
Stamp Ink: Cool Caribbean, Taken With Teal from Stampin' Up!
Embellishments: crocheted flowers, Making Memories Paint white, sponge, Chipboard from Making Memories, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Paper Trimmer, Copic Markers


Lorelie Kim  is the other ODBD Breadstick that played along with me today for the challenge. Please be sure to see her page here.

Now, how do you play along and get entered for the $25 gift certificate? You need to visit this post here on the ODBD blog. Be sure to follow the rules because I would hate for someone to miss out on the prize opportunity! Once you create your page or pages, link them to that same post on the ODBD blog. The challenge runs from today through Monday, January 31st, at 6 pm EST. You have all month to enter, and you can enter as many times as you like just remember to link your creations to the ODBD blog post. The winner will be announced with our new challenge that will begin February 1st! Be sure to use Keyword ODBDLYLS1 when linking to SCS or other public galleries.





Thank you for stopping by! I am very excited to see your scrapbook pages. Have a blessed day!

6 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

Oh, how beautiful!! I think I may have to join in on the scrapbook challenge. This is one of the things I wanted to get to on my new year's list.
Thanks, Chrissy.

Sally said...

Chrissy,
Love, love, love your page. Scrapbooking is my first love. Since my granddaughter was born 6 years ago, I have probably scrapbooked over 1,000 12 x 12 pages of her. I'm crazy....I know and that doesn't count the digital pages....LOL... I have only one set of ODB stamps so I will have to see what I can come up with. Great idea.. I love to incorporate stamps in my scrapbook pages so I am happy to see a challenge devoted to that. Thanks

Fabulous!
Hugs

Dawnll said...

Chrissy this is just beautiful!
I love all the "embellishments"
you used.
I love to use stamps in my scrapbooks such a fun way to make a page pop.

Traci S. said...

Chris, this is such a beautiful scrapbook page. The stamped images are beautiful. So, is your photo subject!

This is going to be a challenge for me, as I want to finish up my wedding album, and only own Sing for Joy, Sing for Joy, and Light of the World...and I can't include Scriptures, because my husband is still an Atheist. I will do my best. It is going to get tiring cutting out the flowers from the "Sing to the Lord" set and using them over and over.

I will just have to do all of their challenges, and hopefully win more stamps that are Wedding Friendly.

Your page, however, is incredible!
Grat job!

His,
Traci S.
Chris, this is the last week to join our Give-Away. Info is on the side bar...please stop by! :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, your mojo came back in full force. Your layout is lovely, and the stamps add such a wonderful touch.

Patter Cross said...

Love the softness of this and the beautiful butterflies sprinkled all over. Just a beautiful page!!!! Have a blessed day!