Saturday, May 26, 2012

Get Your Gelatos Out!

Hello Everyone!!! It is Saturday which means it is SWEET STOP SKETCH day! This week, I decided to pull out my Gelatos and get CRAFTY! I used my water spray bottle and misted the image and colored the image from the Natural Beauty Collection from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design with the white Gelato then stamped it on the black card stock. I cleaned the stamp and misted it with water, then colored the Gathering Love image with the Black Gelatos and stamped it on the white card stock I cut out with the Large Spellbinder Circles.

Have you seen the silicone molds Susana carries? I decided to play with those this week too! I pulled out my CLAY to play awhile. Susana has several types and colors of clay, the Martha Stewart White Clay and there are many colors of the Air Dry Clay too. You can scroll down to see the MANY fabulous accessories and tools to use with your clay!! 

 To create the butterfly embellishment, I used the Martha Stewart Silicone Mold- Garden with the Martha Stewart White Clay. Once the clay was hard, I painted it with the Inspirations Paint in Blush and Antique Silver.
For the strips on the side panel, I used the GORGEOUS C'est La Vie Melissa Frances 6x6 Paper Pad. Susana has GREAT prices and she has papers ON SALE HERE. I added some Silver Viva Pearl Pen to further embellish the project.






I hope you enjoyed my project today! When you are done looking here, please take some time to be inspired by the Sugar Babies creations: Cathy McCauleyMonika DavisJanice MeltonShannon White and Shelby Goolsby

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

Chrissy D

1 comment:

Cathymac said...

Another gorgeous technique, Chrissy! Love the background you created with your Gelatos...I must admit, I've not heard of this medium before, and will have to check it out as I like the effect! Adding just a touch of color to the flowers on the main image is so pretty and the clay butterfly is beautiful! I hope you have a fabulous Memorial Day weekend!

Hugs!