Saturday, September 18, 2010

ODBDSLC30 White and Bright



HELLO AND HAPPY SATURDAY!  

Today is the Shining Light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs! Our challenge this week is to  to make your creations white and bright. Use all white on your card except for your stamped image and embellishments. That means no designer paper unless it is all white.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize , a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, September 23rd  on the Our Daily Bread Designs BlogOne random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. We will even choose a few Shining Light Awards for those who participate. Check out the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog for even more details!

Today, will be a day of cleaning for me. I personally think cleaning makes me ugly, but I know it blesses my man. So I do what I can! J I am not going to do a deep clean, because I have some stamping to get done too. We are having some guests over for our monthly Game Night tonight, so I do need to do SOME cleaning. I gave them a “warning” though that my house will not be perfect due to some deadlines I have and home schooling. They do not really mind. We all have the motto “ come to spend time with us, not our house!” The beauty of friendship!

Now – do you want to know about my card? Here are the details…

Stamp Sets: Sing to the Lord and Amazing Grace Hymn from Our Daily Bread Designs
Cardstock: White
Accessories: Heat Tool, Silver Embossing Powder, Versamark,  Nestibilities, White Satin Ribbon, Pearl gems, Dimensionals, Hologram Highlights Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy,


You will definitely want to hop on over to the Shining Light Challenge Team blogs... these women are so talented and such a tremendous blessing to work with, be sure to send them some encouraging words!






I hope you have a BLESSED weekend! Thank you for stopping by!

Chrissy D

11 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is just beautiful Chrissy!! I so love all the white with the beautiful bird!! Stunning design and take on the white challenge!
Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Patter Cross said...

Love how you embossed the bird in silver. A great take on the challenge and a gorgeous card! Have a blessed and joyous weekend! :)

Grace said...

Oh Chris this is stunning!!! I LOVE the silver on white!!! Love that musical score bg... just stunning!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Grace

Sally said...

Chris,
Your card is exquisite. So beautiful. Have fun at game night.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Chrissy, you have me all excited about this one. So much beauty and elegance!! I absolutely love the silver embossing and those flourishes with the little roses....sigh..I need some of those ;D. Such a beautiful design! I hope you will have a blast at game night and I am sure your friends love being at your house even if there is a stamp or two laying around ;D;D. Have a blessed weekend. Hugs, Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning. I love all the white.

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, beautiful elegance, Chrissy! Love all the white and the use of the image! Wonderful sparkle!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the elegance of this card. TFS

Becky said...

This is stunning. The embossed bird is gorgeous.

Cheryl said...

This is so gorgeous and elegant! Fabulous job!

Lori said...

Chrissy this is stunning! Certainly bright and certainly white!