Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Faith's Color Challenge



Hello! I am just loving these colors! So warm, inviting and FALL! My favorite time of the year! :)


If you missed the Sweet 'n Sassy release party on the new forum you should still check out the three challenges with prizes. You have until Sept. 7th to make and upload your card.


Here's my card for Faith's Color Challenge. The challenge is to use the Orange, Black and White...but I see I failed! I used vanilla instead! OOPS!


You have until September 7th to participate in the challenge and have an opportunity to win a FREE stamp set! For more details, check out Sweet 'n Sassy's Blog.


Here are a few more details about my project...


I started to make this Friday night, during the release party but had a very hard time focusing on stamping AND chatting. LOL I started by stamping the leaf in brown to give it a softer look. Then watercolored the leaf with tangerine Tango, More Mustard and Real Rust. After that, I embossed the words in Black. It just didn't look right to me and with everything going on, I set it aside until TODAY!
So today, when I looked at it - it screamed BLAH! In order to jazz it up a bit, I used the black marker and traced the outer portion of the leaf and a few of the veins...did some paper piecing and used Daisy D's Gypsy Harvest DP. Love that DP!
Stamp Set: Autumn Blessings by (me! at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps) Canvas BG by SU
Cardstock & Ink: Really Rust, Tangerine Tango, More Mustard, Black Staz On, Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, Daisy D's Gypsy Harvest DP,
Accessories: Primas, Mini GLue Dots, Vintage Brads, Dimensionals, Black EP, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Black marker, Aquapainter
Have a fabulous night! Be sure to stop by tomorrow for the BELLI CHALLENGE!

7 comments:

Dani said...

This is just beautiful! I just love fall and these colors are perfect!

Lorie said...

What an absolutely positively beautiful card!

Erin Glee said...

The colors on this card are so yummy... I love Fall, too!

Shelly Koskinen said...

I love the colors!!! Your card is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and detailed card! I love the outline on the leaf. Great DP too! Love your sentiment!

kc_froglady said...

hey the outlining really did add that zing to it! Love the way it turned out and I think white mighta been to start for it so good choice on vanilla :)

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!!!