Sunday, February 14, 2010

YOU WILL FIND REFUGE
























Happy Monday Friends - I hope you had a refreshing weekend! I went scrap booking all day on Saturday and worked on some projects I will be sharing with you some time soon! Todays project is for the Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge - we were to use red or pink and bling on your creation and it doesn't have to be a Valentine's themed project.

I just love the Scriptures and find comfort in the fact that GOD is my refuge during good times and those rougher seasons. The reference of finding refuge in the shelter of the wings of the LORD is found in several places, not only the Scripture above but also in Psalm 57:1-3. I find God's work in my life amazing. There are so many times things are parallel that the LORD shows me. Yesterday He gave me Psalm 57:1-3

Psalm 57:1-3 (New King James Version)

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!
For my soul trusts in You;

And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge,

Until
these calamities have passed by.

I will cry out to God Most High,
To God who performs
all things for me.
He shall send from heaven and save me;
He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. Selah
God shall send forth His mercy and His truth.

I pray this Scripture bring you peace and comfort today as you read it. May you find refuge and strength and comfort in HIM today.

Here are the details of todays project:
Stamps: ODBD You Will Find Refuge
Cardstock: Red, Chocolate, White, Olive DP
Ink: Copics and Airbrushing
Accessories: Air tank, Dew Drops, Mini Glue Dots, Stamp-a-ma-jog, Scallop punch, Chocolate Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a blessed day!

Chrissy D

9 comments:

Holly said...

Gorgeous and classically beautiful card, Chrissy! Love that birdy and your layout and the colors. Such an elegant card with the addition of the scripture below.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Goodness, Chris, this is so gorgeous!!! Love your take on this weeks Shing the Light challenge!!! Thanks so much playing along. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Danni said...

Such a beautiful card!!

Jess said...

Gorgeous card!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful Chrissy!!! Stunning coloring and design!!! I love chickadees and you did an awesome job with this stampset!! Gorgeous design!! I am so glad I was blessed to view your creation for this week's Shining the Light Challenge at ODBD. You are truly an inspiration.
hugs,
Chris

Patter Cross said...

Love how you colored the bird. This is just so pretty! So glad to have you joining us in the ODBD challenge! Blessings,

America said...

WOW!!! GORGOEUS colors, coloring, wonderful details!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ODBD Shining the Light Challenge! :)
America

Grace said...

Hi Chrissy! You did an incredible job with this set! Your layout and coloring are beautiful and I love the extra verses you shared... isn't it amazing that no matter how many times we read God's Word, it speaks to us in new ways every day! Thanks for sharing!!! Thanks for playing along in the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge!!! Blessings!

Kelley said...

This is a real beauty!! I love your coloring!!