Monday, March 19, 2012

JUST BECAUSE...



Hello Friends! Today I am sharing a card using the beautiful Botanical Butterflies from JustRite stamps set available at Classy Cards & Such. I stamped the image in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored it in using Copic Markers.  


The lay out comes from one of Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenges. Starting with 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" Soft Sky Cardstock and scored it at 4 1/4" using the Scor-buddy Mini Scoring Tablet. I layered the 5 1/4" x 4" Artichoke card stock on top of that and the 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" Sahara Sand on that. I layered the Basic grey Patterned paper on those. Classy Cards & Such has a wonderful selection of beautiful Patterned Papers that you can view HERE.


I used the Technique Junkie Newsletter and two techniques called Stacked Nesties and the Worn Wallpaper techniques. I used the ,Spellbinders Oval & Circles to layer my dies, popping them up with the Joy! Foam PadsUsing Always Artichoke and Soft Sky Card stock I cut out some flourishes using the  Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourishes. In order to eliminate additional paper shims, I used the Large Cuttlehug to make a snugger fit. I also used the Crafter's Tools by Cheery Lynn Designs to help remove the Fanciful Flourish from the die and place it where I wanted it on the card.


 To finish off the card, I tied a bow using the Eggshell Seam Binding.

I hope you enjoyed my project today! Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

Chrissy D

No comments: