Monday, April 16, 2012

BOTANICAL COLORFUL STRIPES

Hello Friends,  With the warmer weather peeking through here and there, I am finding I have SPRING FEVER! I am enjoying seeing the grass turn greener and flowers bloom. What better time than to pull out some Floral Stamps and Floral Embellishments?

On todays project, I used the Technique Junkie Newsletter and the technique called Colorful Stripes. This project does not use ANY patterned paper, it is ALL hand stamped using the beautiful images available at Classy Cards & Such.called JustRite Designs Botanical Butterflies.

I stamped the focal image in Brown Memento Ink and colored with Copic Markers on Cryogen White Cardstock. Once colored, I used the Viva Pearl Pen in Gold to fill in the center of the flowers. Using a 1 1/4" Circle Punch and a 1 1/2" circle punch, I layered the image on a Scallop punched layer using Bazzil card stock. I adhered the layers together using the Joy! Foam Pads, small. 


Using Green Coredinations, I used the Cheery Lynn Designs die cut called Fanciful Flourish.  A few tools I used to make this job a little easier while using the die cutting machine is the Crafters Tools by Cheery Lynn Designs, Sakura Quickie Glue Pen,  and the Cuttlehug, Small by Cheery Lynn Designs. I find the tools so helpful in moving, molding die cuts, while the Cuttlehug helps eliminate the need for addition paper shims. The Quickie Glue Pen is a wonderful adhesive that works great on dies with a lot of details and small areas. 


To finish the card, I added Robins Nest Tear Drops and White Organdy Ribbon to tie a bow.
I hope you enjoyed my project today! Have a wonderful day!!!


Chrissy D

2 comments:

lynette355 said...

pretty

Danni said...

Pretty! I like the strips..neat idea!