Tuesday, January 27, 2009

COURTNEY'S TUESDAY CHALLENGE #23

Hello! Have you ever made a card you weren't happy with? Well, I do LOTS of times and the one I made for this card was just OFF! So I took it apart and "FIXED" it. I liked both of the peices as individuals, but the way I colored the focal point and then add these STRONG colors...well, it clashed.
Add to that, the sad news a friend of mine was killed in a car crash yesterday, was quite shocking and I wasn't up to fixing it last night. I was thinking about the Brevity of life and how we just never know when it is going to be our time. Please keep her family in your prayers. The family members remaining are Dave (husband), Paul (college son), Michael (high school). I am praying that the testimony of God's Love in her life will draw them closer to God - may each of them hide under the shelter of the Most High and find rest, comfort and peace.
Give your family members extra hugs today!!! I gave my teen daughter one and she just gave me an odd look. Oh well. When she is "old" like me (not that I am old mind you, but to her I am), she will value those things much more, right? lol
Today's Challenge is a Color Challenge as you can see listed below. Add to that, the Technique Lovers Challende from Splitcoast... Designing with Paper Pleats (the chocolate/white panel on the left) and that is my card...
Here are the details on this card...
Stamp Set: A True Friend by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip DP, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Pink Passion, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Top Note Die, Prima Flowers, 5/16th neutral brads, Bold Bright Brads, Riding Hood Red Ribbon, Scor-pal, sponge
I am now off to see everyone's FABULOUS creations... Take a few minutes and spread some love around to them. They all LOVE to hear your comments and I do too!


Thank you for stopping by! Have a fabulous day!

Chrissy D

8 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so pretty! I love your card.

Dani said...

Oh Chris! I'm so sorry about your friend. How tragic.

Your card is lovely, though. I want that die sooo bad! :)

Courtney said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will be in prayer for the family and friends.

Love the card, though! You're a genious!!

Holly said...

Gorgeous card. You combined the colors so nicely!

Big hugs for you and your friend's family.

Sally said...

Chrissy,
Beautiful card.
I am sorry about the news of your friend. It is never easy to lose a friend. Will be keeping not only her family in my prayers, but you also.

Ceal said...

Will pray for your friends but I think your card is great don;t be so hard on yourself. You have SO much talent!

Kim said...

Chris I am so sorry to hear about your friend! Her family is in my thoughts and prayers! I think your card is gorgeous just as is!
Hugs~ Kim

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

How tragic for your friend's family and for you. My prayers are with them.
Your card is lovely just as it is.

Hugs of comfort and love,
Barb