Monday, December 14, 2009

Guest Designing... TAKE TIME TO BREATHE...


Merry Christmas! I am so excited to share another card from the Firecracker Designs By Pamela stamp set Just Breathe... This month I am the Guest Designer there and I am having so much fun playing with their stamp sets!

This morning in my quiet time, I was reading Nehemiah 1. In Nehemiah 1:4-6a it says, When I heard these things, I sat down and wept. For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven. Then I said: "O LORD, God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and obey his commands, let your ear be attentive and your eyes open to hear the prayer your servant is praying before you day and night for your servants,

I reflected on how Nehemiah took the time to just rest in the LORD, fully trust, fast and PRAY - he took the time to breathe. My prayer for you today, is that during the hustle and bustle of this busy Christmas season, that you get to take the time to BREATHE and have a quiet time of reflection of what the Season is all about... our Lord and Savior.

Here are a few more details about my project...
Stamp Set: Just Breathe
Sketch: Our Creative Corner
Cardstock: Boxer Basic Grey DP, Navy, White, Confetti Cream
Accessories: Big Shot, Nestibilities, Dew Drops, Paper Piercing, Mat Pack, Copics, Mini Glue Dots

I dotted the greens on the trees with my Copics to get more of a realistic coloring affect on them.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a blessed day!
Merry Christmas!
Chrissy D

4 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

What a beautiful card, love this images and the coloring. Great sentiment I have to tell myself A LOT! LOL

Sally said...

Great card. Wonderful scripture.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the scripture and you are so right- we glorify God when our actions do not get caught up in the now and we loose sight of Him- how easy is that to do in December! What a wonderful thought, and Thank You for saying that- it just made my day! Beautiful, beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Chrissy - it must be the Lord working because this the same scripture that has been on my mind today. I have been so rushed at work, taking care of my aging parents, programs at the church and running my own house that I am EXHAUSTED and I came across this scripture and then you referenced it with the card this morning and I thought "OK Lord, I get the message, it is time for me to Just Breathe" and take a few minutes of quiet it time with YOU." Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the card this morning. This lady in Ohio sure does appreciate God's little "angel" today!

God Bless,
Debi - Rittman, OH