Thursday, August 28, 2008

BLOG HOP BERRIES!


Today is DAY TWO of Sweet 'n Sassy's BLOG HOP and it is MY day and the very talented Jen Ofiana's day. So when you are done peeking at this, be sure to HOP on over to Jen's Blog!
Now about my card...I made it Wednesday for the sketch challenge. You can view it here - do you notice the difference? I looked at it all day and I felt like it needed something else, so I moved the brads on top, added the flowers and a brad in the center. Now....I am happy. :)
This card showcases the stamp set Autumn Blessings that will be released September 1! I stamped the berry branch twice - with Brilliance ink and colored them in with my Copics. One of the branches I cut out with my trusty ole Paper Snips and then popped up with my Dimensionals.
I cuddlebugged the Barely Banana with the Houndstooth die and the Swiss dots on the Real Red cardstock. I keep forgetting I have the Cuddlebug. I can not WAIT to get the Nestibilities! I love how that embosses the shapes! I also want some of the SU Big Shot dies...but need to wait for now. I used my Old Olive marker to fill in some of the lines and then put small dots of red using my Real Red marker - just to liven this card up a bit.
Here are a few more details:
Stamp Sets: Autumn Blessings - Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Ink: Black Brilliance
Cardstock: Barely Banana, Basic Black, Real Red, Old Olive, White Matte Kote cardstock
Accessories: Cuddlebug, Black Brads, Prima flowers, Black gingham, Paper piercing tool, Matt Pack, Paper Snips, Dimensionals, Vintage Brads
Do not forget to HOP on over to Jenn's blog!
Thank you so much for stopping by! I would love to know what you think! Have a great day!

20 comments:

Sandy said...

The card is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

The colors, the layout and the set are great!!!!!

Ceal said...

I love it!!! very very pretty! love the colors also. I am going to be broke because so far I want all the sets! thanks for designing this set.

Holly said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE the branch with the berries.

Kristie W. said...

what a nice stamp! I love your card design as well!

Anita said...

Berries look real. Amazing!

Dani said...

Wow. This is so pretty! Love the berries. Great job!

Lorie said...

Oh. My. Goodness! This is absolutely gorgeous! I knew I was going to love that set! I can't wait to see more...maybe you could e-mail me more? I'm just kidding...kinda...no really I am! LOL!

Shyra said...

I am going ot have to get this stamp set. I can tsee that already. My fav time of year is autumn and living in the northeast there's no other time of year as beautiful. The card is beautiful. Makes we want the leaves to start changing....

Jessica Smith said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you combined the cuddle bug embossing folders and colored in some of the lines.Great card.

Chrisd said...

The card is great!
At last a Cuttlebug user. I love my dies/folders and am happy whenever I notice others using them too.

Unknown said...

This is soooo cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

VERY pretty!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to get this set!

riggy said...

Absolutely awesome! Oh so many different stamp to want for. Now I must hop on....

Michele Kovack said...

This is gorgeous! I HAVE to buy this set!!! Beautiful card!

Michelle said...

Oh my!! I just love this. Great use of the sketch. Think I'll be getting this set. Hopping over to Jen's blog now

Suzanne J Dean said...

Just wonderful! Love the image and the colors that you used. Really, really nice!

TFS--
Suzanne Dean

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I LOVE those berries...they look absolutely scrumptious and ready to pick! Another great design.
TFS
Barb g

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous Chris!! Wow!!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Very fun and beautiful!
:-)