Sunday, August 24, 2008

Spring Birds - Serene Spring







The 3 Little Dreams Design Team had a sketch challenge and I failed to follow directions. :)
The directions I was failoed to follow were to use a Sweet 'n Sassy Stamp set or a Bella Stamp set. At the moment of making this card, I wasn't thinking of that, I had just grabbed this card.

I stamped the image on Watercolor paper - but I got a little carried away with squeezing my Aquapainter and over saturated the paper by the butterfly and the bird - so there is a little area with "water spots."

I used Watercolor Crayons and Twinkling H20's to color this too.

I am working on designing a stamp set right now and have a bit of a headache. For this card, I used the Canvas BG and the Bella Toile BG stamps by SU along with the Serene Spring. Cardstock and ink colors are Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Watercolor Paper, Bashful Blue. I paper pierced around the edges then felt it needed a bit something else, so drew FAUX stitching around the borders of the cardstock.

Thank you so much for swinging by and looking at my work! Have a great day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's very pretty!

Kathy said...

Your card is great Chrissy!! Do you like the crayons?? I have been thinking of getting some because it seems like shading is easy to do. Your flower pot looks fab and that is the look I am trying to achieve!! :)Kathy

Lorie said...

That is very pretty! I don't watercolor often so I love to see others that do! :o)

Courtney said...

Oh, Chrissy! This is wonderful! There is no stamp company limit for the CBC challenges... you should enter it!

MJ said...

Great card even if you did not follow directions, lol! Beautiful job.

Dani said...

This is great! Terrific job with the sketch. :)