Friday, September 18, 2009

BLOGGERS CHALLENGE: COLOR CHALLENGE!


Hello! This week's Bloggers Challenge is to use the colors Chocolate, Crushed Curry, Mambo Melon (or similar colors) and neutrals as needed to create your project.


I have been busy with sick kids, and not feeling the best myself, so I decided to do something JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT!! I know that this stamp does not lend itself to these colors, nor the style, but I just couldn't help myself...this Ancient Rome woman, looked I feel at the end of the day this week. Tired...weary...just ready to rest!!! So I could not resist using my printer to type up those words! I decided to send this card to my brother-in-law...


Now- if you think this card is ugly, I can take it. :) Two people in my family already looked at it and said YUCK - that stamp set does NOT go with those colors... One person even said "Oh my eyes! My eyes! ROFL So I am taking a step of bravery here and posting my card - I like it only because it is different and something fun - not that is soooooo beautiful! :)


I also wanted to try this technique called Corded Pieces from Technique Junkies! I did not get the exact results I was looking for but It may have been this yellow! I am just NOT liking this yellow...


Here are the details:

Stamp Set: Ancient Rome by Alluring Impressions, SU Itty Bitty Bg's

Ink & Cardstock: Chocolate, Crushed Curry, Mambo Melon, WHisper White

Accessories: Nestibilities, Sponge, Copics, Paper Piercing, Dimensionals, Dew Drops, Mni Glue Dots, Printer

Techniques: Airbrushing, , Corded Pieces by Technique Junkies

Click on the side bar to check out the rest of the BLOGGER CHALLENGE participants projects!


Ohhh, I almost forgot! Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps is wrapping up their Blog Hop today AND they have a chance for FREE STAMPS! Tomorrow is our monthly Sketch with a Spin and a PRIZE at The Sweet Stop. One lucky participant in the challenge will receive our September mini-release (You Light Up My Life & Waddle I Do?), so be sure to stop on by tomorrow to see this month's sketch with a spin! And don't forget to spread the word!!


Check out the Blog Hoppers here:




Chrissy D

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Chrissy I think this is perfect for the end of the week. I myself am ready for nappy time!

Ida said...

Oh I am glad you posted this card after all. It's not "Ugly" but is unique and different (which is good)and shows how you can use different colors and elements to create your own masterpiece. Love the sentiment you paired your image up with and how you wrapped your ribbon.

Basement Stamper said...

I think this card is awesome, I love the image and the brayering colors are awesome!

Connie Babbert said...

Fun card...love the sentiment (and SO correct!)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Now isn't that sentiment the truth! Terrific card Chris! :D

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card- great layout and great job with the colors. TFS

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

I couldn't get past the sentiment, it just kept making me smile.

Great card Chrissy, hope your feeling better soon.

:) Marcia P

Ceal said...

great card definitely different but I like

Tami Black said...

This card MADE me take a good long look at it. I really like it -- it isn't what I would call pretty, but you said you were whipped and had "one of those weeks" and this card totally tells me that. I personally love the cording!

Lori said...

The sentiment totally made me laugh! And, the cording is a very cool look.

Sheryl Dickinson said...

I'm glad you were brave to post your card :) It's really quite cool--love the cording!

Lisa Bohler said...

What a brave girl you are! It's easy to post cards we love and not so easy to post the ones we question! I like the cording technique and how you highlighted the image with the scallop!

Linda S. said...

Oh, Boy, Chrissy.....you are up to your old tricks.....calling your own card "ugly" and then promoting our comments on it. Oh no you don't...you are not tricking me into once again calling one of your cards "Butt ugly"!! Sorry, I'm not falling for it this time. Hugs,
Linda Slattery aka Linda S. in NE