Thursday, September 18, 2008

SCRAPBOOKING



























My beginning in Paper Crafting started with Scrapbooking. My pages didn't look like this either. In my 11 years of paper crafting - I have completed 45 Scrapbook Albums. I used to scrapbook ALL of the time - but now I have the addiction of Rubber Stamping too.



My sweet husband lets me leave the family for 4-5 days to go to Iowa every March and October/November to go scrapbooking. It is a wonderful time of fellowship, fun and laughter. I save a lot of stories and a large group of us go and laugh until our faces hurt! I have around 42 more days before I go...I will be bringing my Lap top though in case there is a Release Party with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!!! :)



This is a double page lay out and I am sad to say the baby in those pictures is now 7 years old. I am dreadfully behind in my scrapbooking! The little boy, my son is 8 now and the older girl is now 17 yo. ***SIGH***


These are retired papers from Stampin' Up! I painted the chipboard by mixing my own MM paints to get this color - then sanded them a bit to get more of a distressed look.


Thank you for stopping by! Have a fabulous day!









9 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done I love the colors!

Christi Flores said...

Awesome layouts Chris!! I haven't even finished one book so I feel your pain. :) That retreat sounds like a blast.

Shelly Koskinen said...

These are great!!!

Jenny said...

Fabulous as always! I have actually brought ALL my scrapping stuff upstairs to the dining room and plan on taking over the room until we host Thanksgiving. I have to separate it from my beading area because given the choice, the beads usually win! LOL! I need to go on the retreat. I got somuch done the time I went a few years ago. Thanks for the inspiration. Maybe I can trade you jewelry to do my books! ;-)

Unknown said...

Tag you are it see my blog for further details!

Anonymous said...

I love your layouts! That was one of my favorite DPs. Don't worry, I have a friend who hasn't finished her 9 yr olds or started her 2 yr old's scrapbook. If you caught up, what would you have to scrapbook?

Lorie said...

Those are GREAT pages! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

The stamps look good, they flow well with the rest of the design- but than again what would you expect from all those years of scrapbooking.

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Love your layouts!

Julie sbs-24