Monday, September 15, 2008
Sweet 'n Sassy Round Up
First of all...for all of you parents who have taken a teenager driving for the first time...I feel your pain. I made it only 5 blocks and had to end it. My husband will have to take my dear teenager driving. I fear I would scare her to death with my screaming. LOL All serious-ness...I was curled up with my knees to my chest screaming MOVE OVER!!!!! There was City Bus coming towards us and she was mere inches away from the parked cars that lined the street. OY. It wasn't even the bus I was worried about but the parked car that was perilously close to my new van.
I think my heart is coming back to the inside of my chest. Probably my poor daughters too. I think she was as stressed as I was, if not more. LOL
Her daddy is now in charge of driving. He is MUCH more calmer than I am. I can now say... I TRIED.
Anyways, today is ROUND UP DAY on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps blog! Be sure and check out everyones FABULOUS creations using current Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!
There is nothing better than the Word of God to encourage a friend! I made this Scripture Binder with my Bind it All and a 12 x 12 piece of Designer Paper from Urban Cosmos.
Stamp Sets: Thanksgiving Scripture, Jesus Cares,Encouragement, Cardstock: Old Olive, Rose Red, More Mustard -Urban Cosmos DP
Ink: Black Staz On
Accessories: Dew Drops, Primas, Watercolor Crayons,Water color brush, Heat Tool,Heat & Stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Glue Dots,Brads, Bind-It-All
These directions and idea were given to me by Wendy Fassenbender - the artwork and design are my own...
Mini Pocket Book
12x12 Designer Paper
1. Score your 12x12 paper at 2”, 6”, and 10” one way, and 3”, 6” and 9” the other way.
2. Add Sticky Strip to the 2” edges without removing the backing. This will be between the pockets.
3. Fold the 2” edges to the inside.
4. Fold UP the fold at the center between your 2” folds.
5. Cut along center line to the last of the 3” score lines.
6. Accordion fold the paper on the side that has not been folded yet. Where the 2” flaps have been folded in should be the inside fold on the top and bottom of the paper.
7. Spread the paper apart along the cut line. Fold over at the cut line to make long strand of accordion folded paper.
8. Adhere bottom and side of paper on the section that folded over to make the long strip.
9. Use Bind-It-All to bind your book.
10. Make the tags for inside your book.
11. This book also holds gift cards or money if desired.
I will take pictures of each step tomorrow and include those here. I have a class this evening and can not do it at this time.
Thank you for looking! If you have any questions, just ask! Have a great day!