Sunday, December 21, 2008

BANDANA SNOWFLAKES


I have fallen in love with a new technique from Technique Junkies. It is called the BANDANA TECHNIQUE. After playing with it yesterday, (see this POST) I had to play some more! I immediately envisioned it with my Snowflakes stamp set, but the black intimidated me until I played with another stamp set first.


I used Color Box inks and sponge daubers to create this background. I also used Paper Craft Planet's Sketch Challenge as my inspiration for a lay out.


Here are the materials I used to create this card:
Stamp Set: Snowflakes at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Whisper White, Vellum
Ink: Colorbox Inks, Basic Black,
Accessories: Dew Drops, Scallop Punch, Sponge daubers, Big Shot Snowflake Die, Dazzling Diamonds, 2 way Glue Pen, White Gel Pen, Night of Navy grosgrain


Thank you for looking! Have a fabulous day!

Chrissy D

8 comments:

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Another beauty, Chris, perfect for both challenges!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Gorgeous card. Interesting technique, never heard of it before.
x Natasha x

Lorie said...

I completely and totally love Go Fish! We have two of their CD's that I use in the Children's Ministry at church. Thanks for the wonderful video!

You card is absolutely fantastic Chris!

Sally said...

Loved the Video. Makes you really stop and think.

Great card and interesting technique. I might have to give it a try.

Vicki Burns said...

This is beautiful! I will have to break out of my box and try this. It looks like the view from my window!

Dani said...

This is gorgeous! I love your snowflakes! :)

Kim Meineke said...

This is awesome! I am such a sucker for snowflakes... And you did a great job on this one! TFS!

Deb Wood said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love the card and the sentiment!!