Tuesday, December 16, 2008

CBCC #19 - SKETCHY SNOWFLAKES


This is me and my sweetie Grace. Out of all of my children, she is the one who is most like me. :) Adam was trying to get the camera centered for our family picture - so we "posed" for him. I thought I had my eyes crossed. I guess I don't do a very good job at crossing my eyes. LOL

This week's Tuesday Challenge from Courtney is a sketch challenge. I had a pile of chipboard snowflakes laying on my desk and this paper jumped into my hand as I bent over to look at my DP - so I HAD to use my Snowflake stamp set!

We are supposed to get snow today! I am so excited. I really LOVE snow! For me, there is nothing better than to be home and have a snow storm!!! I can be all snuggley, knowing that I get to just relax and enjoy the beauty of the weather. The past 2 snow "storms" we were supposed to have ended up being only rain - so I was a bit disappointed.



I used WHITE Craft Ink and Embossed White EP first, then sprinkled Hologram Highlights to make the big snowflake sparkly.

Here are a few more details:
Stamp Set: Snowflakes by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Cardstock: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Basic Black
Accessories: Build a Brads, Tim Holtz Ruler, Chipboard, White EP, Hologram Highlights EP, Cropodile

Be sure to check out the other Challenge Chick's projects. I always enjoy seeing their creations!
Courtney Fowler
Danielle Marcus

Heidi Michel
Lorie Ames
Maria Fiscella
Sarah Anderson
Sparkle Smith

One last thing...Be sure to check out Jennifer Greco's blog for a chance at some Blog Candy!

Have a fabulous day!
Chrissy D

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow pretty incredible. I realllly like this card.

Sally said...

Stunning!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Just beautiful!
x Natasha x

Christi Flores said...

This is absolutely stunning!!!

Tracey said...

That picture is too funny!! And your card is gorgeous!! Happy holidays!

Dani said...

That pic is too funny! And your card is gorgeous! We woke up to about 4 inches of snow and it's not stopping! I love snow too, as long as I can stay home! :)

Vicki Burns said...

Love the card as always! Your cards inspire me. You never cease to amaze me!

The picture of you and Grace is perfect! Love her name, too. It's Emma's (my grand-daughter) middle name. My daughter chose it to remind herself of what God has done for her!

Anonymous said...

Chris, as always your cards are stunning. You outdo yourself each time you create something new.

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is so pretty!

Joan Ervin said...

Heeheehee...what a fun picture!!! Looks like you were having too much fun!!! I love your card, too, Chris...so soft and elegant!!! Love how you used the brads!!!

Kim said...

Your card is beautiful! And I love your funny picture!!!! It still has me giggling! Becareful in the snow! I think it is supposed to be down by you more then up here by us! I will be happy for snow once tomorrow is done. Only one more day to drive to Green Bay for school...then I am off until the end of January! Woo-Hoo! :) Stay snuggly warm!
Hugs~ Kim

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Stunning , so elegant!

Leona said...

I love this card chrissy its lovely..... especially the snowflake yum yum!

Anonymous said...

Wow -- fabulous job with the sketch! I love the build-a-brad accents. Great picture of you and your daughter -- thanks for making me smile! :-)

CreativeMish said...

LOL! I love the picture!

Lee said...

LOL....that is such a cuuuuuute photo and a precious and fun memory!!!! What a gorgeous sketch and card!!! I love the bling!!!

Deb Wood said...

LOL!!Love the picture, soooo cute!!
The card is fabulous, I love the colors and the brads, kayout! Everything is awesome!