Wednesday, March 14, 2012

TOPSY TURVY BIRTHDAY!

Hi Friends!! Welcome!  Have you joined in on the NEW FUN Challenges yet? Classy Cards & Such is hosting a Sketch Challenge this week. You can find out all of the information HERE. We would LOVE To have you join us!



On todays card, I used the Canadian Kaliedoscope Doily Cheery Lynn Die cut out in Lavender Bazzill Cardstock. One trick I have found with using these FABULOUS Cheery Lynn dies is to use a Cuttlehug Large plate. This helps for a cleaner cut and eliminates the need for extra paper shims. I also find I do not have to do so much detail poking out of all of those little clinkers that get caught in the paper. 




Once the die was cut out, I stamped the TOPSY TURVY CAKES stamp set by JustRite in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on White Storm card stock and colored the in with the following Copic Inks: BG000, BG05, BG07, RV29, R000, R39, R32, Y15, Y11, V000, V25, V20, YG17, YG67, YG00. I used the Technique Junkie Newsletter and the Out of the Box technique to have the spacing fit where I wanted it to on the sketch.  Once I completed that,  I stamped the small flowers and colored them too. I cut them out and added them to white cardstock in a small cluster and using a 1 3/8" and a 1 1/2" Circle punch, I punched some layers and used Joy! Foam Pads to add a little dimension to my project and pop up the flowers. To finish off the card I added White Pearls in three of the corners.
I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and take a look! Have a wonderful day!
Chrissy D



2 comments:

Danni said...

Fun card! I like that diecut, very pretty!!

Joan Ervin said...

Hey, Chrissy...hope all is well with you and yours!! I love your card with that pretty die and fun cake image...such a pretty birthday card!!!