Thursday, August 19, 2010

FCD BLOG HOP: A TISKET A TASKET...

Hello Friends! Welcome and thank you for coming by! This month the FIRECRACKER DESIGNS BY PAMELA have a Book Cover Inspiration themed Blog Hop for you to check out

The official start time of this Hop is Friday, at 8:00 AM(EST). If you arrived early, please be patient as all the links may not be live yet.

As I mentioned above, todays BLOG HOP has an  Book Cover Inspiration theme... I am an avid reader but none of the book covers I had, were very inspirational so I headed over to Barnes and Noble and looked for a fun book cover!

I chose this one because I thought it was so pretty and sweet...











Here is some information about my project.... I love this little basket!!! It is a die cut from Creative Cuts and More called Box with a Basket... put together with some red tacky tape - stamped with the GORGEOUS STAMP from FIRECRACKER DESIGNS BY PAMELA called FORGIVE ME


I stamped four of these flowers in Memento Black Ink and colored them with my Copics! Once that was done, I cut them out and using the Technique Junkie Newsletter August/ September 2010 edition - Soft and Sparkly, I added a little dimension and texture!


The baskets make FAST AND FUN projects! These make great gifts or special things to put treats in for kids parties, Woman themed parties such as Mother's Day Banquets, Bridal Showers, Tea Parties, thank you gifts for speakers or special friends. Throw in some tea bags, cocoa bags, small bags of candy with a note and you are ready to go with your gift!


Here are a few more details...


Some Challenges I participated in...
Creative Card Crew - Sparkle and Shine
My Time to Craft - Glitter and Glitz

Paper Play Challenges - Pink to make the Boys Wink
Pixie Dust Studio - Go Crazy with Polka Dots
Secret Crafter - What are little girls made of!
Speedy the Cat - Flowers!


Stamp Set:  FIRECRACKER DESIGNS BY PAMELA called FORGIVE ME
Cardstock: It is a die cut from Creative Cuts and More called Box with a Basket 
Accessories: Flower Soft, Glitter, Souffle Glaze Pens, Dimensionals, Scissors to cut out flower image








This is a “circular blog hop” where the only beginning is wherever you start!! You will know you are at the end of your blog hop when you’ve come back to the blog you’ve started from!(It’s not a huge circle…so it should be easy to remember where you started.)
BLOG CANDY!! One winner will be chosen from a mystery blog hostess…so you’ll want to leave a comment on EVERY blog so you don’t miss out! The winner will be chosen from a mystery blog hostess that we don’t even know who it will be until the hop is over…so that’s why you’ll want to leave a comment on EVERY blog, so you don’t miss out!
**To find out if you’ve won… you will be contacted by Pamela via e-mail (so be sure to leave it with your comment.) and you can also find out on Pamela’s blog after the blog hop ends on Mon, at 8:00 PM (EST).**






Now, to continue the circle, you will need to hop on over to the talented Lynn Steven's Blog and keep going until you’ve come back to where you’ve started! Thanks so much for playing along with us and we hope you have a great time!



Chrissy D

34 comments:

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Wow, what a gorgeous piece! Fab!

Ursula said...

oh my goodness, that's so cute!! I love that basket; looks like a little flower girl basket! So sweet! Love your take on this challenge, Chris!

Lynn Stevens said...

Its adorable!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling basket- I love the flowers and Love the colors! TFS

Minxy said...

What a super fun project, you were defiantly inspired

Sherry Eckblad said...

what a fun way to take inspiration from the book. Love the flower basket and flowers.

Dana said...

Oh wow, your basket of flowers is so sweet Chris! What a creative way to get inspiration!

Thebug415 said...

Oh how cute! I love your book choice too...I think it is the curly haired red head on the cover...reminds me of my girls. Great baskets...good idea!

Lillian Child said...

I love making little gifties for friends and family and this sweet little basket is just darling - and totally compliments the book cover it was inspired by! Just fabulous!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this delightful basket so beautifully decorated with your gorgeous blossoms!!

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful creation in the Friends of Speedy the Cat's flower challenge!!

Terry said...

Very pretty basket Chris! Love the flowers! Have a great weekend!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a pretty little basket!

2amscrapper said...

what an adorable project--the color inspiration is perfect!

brenda said...

Hi Chrissie

Beautiful work and thank you for your kind comments at my blog.

B x

Cheryl said...

Cute basket! I love the flowers and colors.


I have to give you a call. I'm sorry. Things have been so hectic with work that when I have a free moment I either try to keep up on DT stuff or just relax. I would love to schedule something in September. I hope that will work for you. I'll contact you either via email or phone. :)

LynnF said...

The basket is absolutely darling! Beautiful work! LynnF

pennyd said...

Stunning basket!

Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous basket and equally gorgeous flowers too, such a cute flower girl basket, my daughter would love it LOL. Have a good evening, Tracy Evans x

Joanne Travis said...

Love your project and the flower is really beautiful. Such a soft and sweet look.

Vicki Romaine said...

I really like your little basket and you can tell that you did a lot of work on it. Great Hop!

Chris said...

This is so sweet Chrissy, a gorgeous little basket and I love the flowers too. :)

FireCracker082 said...

such a great idea! and way cute basket Chris!

Steph Zerbe said...

Isn't that darling Chris! Love it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very cute basket! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

kathy s said...

what a great little basket-yours is so sweet and would be ideal for a flower girl or maybe easter egg collection thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Love this little basket........
dj_enns@yahoo.com

Christine said...

Oh Chris, I love your basket! It's so cute and is perfect for your inspiration piece!

I might have to go take a look at this book. I love children's books written for the little girly girls. I have all of the Fancy Nancy books and have yet to read one to a child!!! (I have given them as gifts to little girls though.)

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

ADORABLE!!! So sweet!

Liz's creative corner said...

This basket is fantastic, so lovely, thanks for joining us at paperplay, hugs Liz xx

Jill said...

That is sooooo cute! My little girls are going to be flower girls in two weddings coming up and we've been to bridal showers so of course I see your basket as great decorations and favors for such events!

Deirdre said...

Chrissy, love what you created.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week.

kc_froglady said...

Chrissy this is adorable! I love the soft colors and what a great little basket.

Jolara said...

that is so beautifull ! Thanks for joining the Pixies this week ! Joyce

Julie M said...

That's so pretty, Chris - love the unusual shape and the girlie colours, matches the book cover perfectly.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew and PaperPlay (I have two hats on for this one!)

Julie :o)