Saturday, January 5, 2008

The chipboard - WSC 29



Well, it has been awhile since I have taken the challenge. Life has been throwing me some curves, but I am persevering through many difficulties and learning to GROW through them!
Anyways - back to the FUN stuff. Have you ever had anything you moved around so many times that you lost count as to how many times you moved it? Well, I had this piece of chipboard that fell out of the package MONTHS ago and I never actually took the 2 seconds it would take to put it away. Instead, I moved it from table to table or drawer to drawer only to have my 6 yo stamper dd bring it out and to move it again. So today, as I sat in my office, there it was - looking at me and I had a choice.... actually put it away with my chipboard or to use it. So with this challenge before me - I decided to use it.
In addition to that, my friend Holly sent me those little tear drops today. I LOVE fun mail. Nothing better than to get some fun new supplies to play with! I am not necessarily sure they go well with a masculine card, but I forged ahead on a mission to actually use them.
I ended up making this card for my nephews up and coming birthday. Another great fete for me! I am ahead of the game and have a birthday card ready before the actual date! YAHOO!
So here is the recipe - I used the Weathered background and Noble Deer stamp set. I watercolored it using the watercolor wonder crayons and aquapainters. Other materials used are: Close to Cocoa, Basic Black,Very Vanilla, Creamy Caramel cardstock, distresser, sponges, tear drops, mini glue dots, twill and chipboard. Ink colors: Craft Chocolate Chip, Black Staz On, Close to Cocoa. I found some non-SU ribbon in my box and instead of the circle, I decided to use that small swatch of ribbon. Not sure if I like it - but it is complete for now....until I take it apart and redo it. LOL The letters are Making Memory Rub Ons.
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great manly card, Chris!
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch.
Have a great weekend
Hugs and smiles

Andrea, said...

great card, those stamps are wonderful