Wednesday, March 3, 2010

BLESSINGS IN TEAL....
























Hello Everyone-

Today is BELLI CHALLENGE DAY but due to my time restraints and health issues, I did not get a card done in time... be sure to head on over there and see the Belli Team's FABULOUS work!

Here is a project I made using the Firecracker Designs By Pamela stamp set called Easter Blessings...

I created this card today for several challenges ... first off the Featured Stamper Challenge and the Clean & Simple Challenge (square card!) Angela has such a beautiful gallery! What a treat to look through her gorgeous projects!

The card I CASED is here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...p;ppuser=84051

Things I changed were:
1. I tried to stay in the same color scheme, but changed the arrangement of them.
2. Nestibilities and images - I did not have the same ones so substituted ones that would be close.
3. Embossing folder and gem placement
4. I also added a bit of white gel pen to the frame and used Technique Junkies Wisped Frames Technique for the background on the focal image.

In addition to that I used the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge based on this
SCRIPTURE

Colossians 3:17 "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

CHALLENGE

You have free reign of what you want to do this week. But here's the deal: I want you to actively do this as an act of worship to our God. Before starting, pray. Thank God for your gift. While working, feel free to pray more, or perhaps sing out to Him. Put your focus on Him and remember that it is He who gave you your gift (however good or bad you think you are at this) and remember that it makes Him happy to see you at work. Do this challenge, as if you were doing it for Christ himself!

While stamping, I often have praise music and pray for those in need, so making this card was a delight to make while worshiping my Lord and King!

Stamps: Easter Blessings by FCD

Paper: Teal, Aquamarine Stardream Metallics, Cocoa, White

Ink: Brown Memento, Copics

Accessories: Ribbon, Nestibilities, Punches, Dimensionals, Cuddlebug folder, White Gel Pen, gems, Stipple Brush, Stickles

Techniques: Wisped Frames from Technique Junkies Newsletter


I

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek! Have a blessed day!
Chrissy D





8 comments:

Melisa Waldorf said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Joanne Travis said...

This is so beautifully done, Chrissy!! I really love this.

Christi Flores said...

Gorgeous Chris!!

Anneke klerks said...

beautyful card

anneke

Ursula said...

I'm really loving your Cross Blessing cards, Chris! This one is so lovely! And what a great prayer to say while crafting! It's great to give thanks! :o)

Laurie said...

So very lovely, Chrissy! That shimmery paper is amazing. Thanks for sharing with us at SSCC again, Sister.

Anonymous said...

Chrissy, what a great card for this challenge! I love to view the cross whenever I can, Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC.

Pamela said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC! :)