If you are new here...This week the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps we are having a BLOG HOP. Today the Featured Artists are Michele & Sandy. Be sure to check them out. If you have not seen ALL of the FABULOUS entries be sure to check out the Design Teams work and the Sweet 'n Sassy Blog this is where it all ends on Sunday, 08-31.
Do not forget about the Sunday Release Party! The Sweet 'n Sassy Release Party will be held at our new forum site. You'll want to head over there soon to register so you don't miss any of the fun! The RP will kick off at 9pm EST and go until midnight when the new sets are released. There will be plenty of surprises, chatting (of course) and challenges (with prizes) from the DT, so again, you DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS!!
Now about my card, do you see the SHIMMER? I tried a new technique tonight, but I didn't have all of the correct tools, so I substituted them. I think if I had the correct supplies it would have turned out even BETTER! My friend Joy came over today and asked if she could take my Craft Ink Refills, and since I am camping this weekend, I said TAKE THE WHOLE BOX! But after she showed me her card that she wanted to make, I had to TRY one too!
Here is what you do to get this shimmery effect..
1. Stamp your image in STAZ ON ink - on GLOSSY cardstock.
2. Using your CRAFT INK REFILLS (I used the Craft Ink Spots here- does not give you the same look! LOL) put a small amount of ink on your plastic wrap, or even wax paper or acetate. I used Wax Paper...
3. Fold in half and smoosh the colors together. Not too much though, you do not want a muddy brown. :)
4. Place your Glossy stamped cardstock face down into the plastic/ wax paper and smoosh the color on to the cardstock.
5. Take off and Sprinkle Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder over the wet ink.
6. Using your heat tool, emboss the entire image.
7. Waaahhh-La! Finish your card!
It ends up being soooo shimmery and gorgeous! I love it. Now maybe there is a Technique name for this, but I am sorry I do not know it.
Here are a few more details:
Stamp Sets: Autumn Blessings (this is one of MY new stamp designs! - you can get them at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps!)
Cardstock: Old Olive, Basic Black, Ruby Red, More Mustard, Glossy White
Ink: Craft colors the same as above
Accessories: Prima Flowers, Earth Element Brads, Paper Piercing Tools, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Old Olive 5/8 grosgrain, Iridescent Ice Ep, Heat Tool, Mat Pack
So do you like it?
Thank you for stopping by! Have a great weekend! I hope to see you at the Release Party tomorrow night (Sunday, 08/31 9 pm EST- midnight!)