Thursday, August 28, 2008
Bloggers Challenge #62- Patriotic or Baby Card
Have you ever seen a stamp set in a catalog or on line and immediately had a vision in your head for it? Well, last month when Korin showed us the Sneak Peeks to the new stamps that were coming out I had a vision in my head for this cute little turkey to be shaking his tail feathers. I didn't know how I was going to do it, nor what theme I was going to make the card into, I just KNEW I had to make a card with him shaking his tail feathers. LOL
This week we are having a BLOG HOP - so be sure to check out Christi & Faith's Blogs today (Friday 08/29) to see what other SNEAK PEEKs there are from the upcoming Release on September 1. For more details check out the side bar on the RIGHT!
This week's Bloggers Challenge is to make a Patriotic card OR a BABY card. I actually need to make a baby card too, but time got away from me.
This ADORABLE stamp set is one of Sweet 'n Sassy's upcoming releases titled TURKEY DAY! These words are NOT in the stamp set! I typed these up on my computer to make this card!
To get this turkey to shake his tail feathers here is what I did...
1. First, I stamped TWO turkeys in black ink.
2. I cut out one turkey - cutting off his head and legs
3. Be sure to cut around each feather, the collar and the body. That is what should be remaining on one of your pieces.
4. Color your images.
5. Originally, I punched a hole in the two bodies and added a brad without taping the bodies together. The hole was between the collar. I used my Paper Piercer because my 1/16th hole punch would not reach. *HOWEVER* my 7 yo daughter quickly showed me that if a youngster would play with this too much, like she was, it would need a little more support...SOOOO...
6. I punched a half inch circle and added that to the neckline of the turkey body. I used Red Sticky Tape and left half of the circle above the cut out area.
6. Color what is remaining to blend in with the collar and neck of the turkey because you will see a portion of this support circle.
7. Using an eyelet hole punch (*gasp!* I still have this! LOL I had it tucked in a deep, dark corner and had to dig it out since my Cropodile would not reach) to punch a hole in the collar area for the brad.
8. You now have a turkey that can shake his tail feathers!
Here are a few more details...
Stamp Sets: Turkey Talk
Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Flag Bg is actually a photograph I had...
Ink: Black Brilliance Ink - colored with Copics. I did not have a blue dark enough to match the paper, so I shaded the feathers with a Prismacolor pencil to get the darkness I wanted to match the Navy in the photograph.
Accessories: Styled Silver Hodgepodge, Silver Clips, Small Star punch, Fire Circle Brads...
So what do you think? I appreciate your comments!
Do not forget to check out the other Bloggers Challenge participants AND the BLOG HOP for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps! The Blog Hop will go through Sunday, 08/31! THANK YOU for stopping by and taking a look!