Friday, October 8, 2010

BLOGGERS CHALLENGE CHRISTMAS - SKETCH CHALLENGE

Hello and welcome to my blog this morning. I started writing this last night and clicked a button only to wipe my slate clean. Being tired, I set it aside frustrated! Today is our Blogger'sChallenge day and this week our Challenge is to create a card using the sketch below!
I had so much fun with this sketch, I created TWO cards. The first card I created uses The Creative Inspirations Paint! Creative Inspirations Paint is an iridescent water based paint that will add brilliance and sparkle to any of your creations. They are so easy to use just shake, open, and play! There are 55 vivid colors to choose from and they dry quickly on most surfaces including vellum and acetate.

Creative Inspiration Paints have a NEW Challenge that they host on Sundays! This week's Challenge is to use ANY Bedtime Story as your inspiration.  The first card uses the
 "Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer"  and the second card uses  "Jack Be Quick." We would LOVE it if you played along too!

This ADORABLE reindeer set is a stamp that is newly available at I Brake For Stamps! This stamp is from Embossing Arts and is called Holiday Squares. When you order this stamp set, you receive FOUR adorable images to create your winter and Christmas cards. I even used a BRAND NEW stamp, that will be available soon, but the ink is SO faint that you can barely see it... sooooo I will make ANOTHER card that uses the background and share it with you in a day or so! I used my trusty Aqua painter brush, Creative Inspiration Paints, Dew Drops, Organdy Ribbon and papers from Basic Grey, along with Navy and White card stock and this project is complete!



 I used the  SHIMMERY Creative Inspiration Paints to paint with. I grabbed my Aqua Painter and Denim paint for the back ground of the stamped image. I painted the antlers with the Tan paint. I used the YUMMY Chocolate paint for the reindeer and Garnet for his cute little nose! The Raw Sienna paint was perfect for the stars and I used the Tutu Pink for the inside of his ears.


My second card uses the BEAUTIFUL Vintage candle stamp set available at I Brake For Stamps. This stamp is available individually or as a set called Vintage Christmas.

These paints have just the right amount of sparkle to them and are SO easy to use! I started out by grabbing my water color paint brush and Plum and painted the candle.  The flame portion I painted with the Canary, Garnet, Mellow Yellow and Pumpkin and just a touch of plum in the center of the flame.  I used Antique Gold and Gold for the candle holder. The leaves were painted with Emerald and the berries were painted withGarnet and Burgundy for some shading.






A few more details:
Cardstock: Basic Grey Patterned Paper, Stampin' Up! retired
Accessories: Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Dew Drops, Mini Glue Dots...


As you shop at I Brake For Stamps, you can enjoy a 10% discount by using the code SAVE10Chris!


When you are done reading all of this information you will definitely want to click HERE to enjoy the other Blogger Challenge participants projects! Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day and weekend!!!

Chrissy D


23 comments:

MJ said...

Both are so different the reindeer is adorable and the candle is beautiful. Great job showing the versitilty of a sketch.

Lisa Somerville said...

Both are wonderful uses of the sketch, beautiful holiday cards!

Darsie Bruno said...

fabulous cards, sweetie!! Love Rudolph!!!

Connie Fossenier said...

Ah...Chrissy your post sent me on a big twinkle tour of Embossing Arts...wow...and double wow on coloring your images..Super job dear on the challenge.
connie paxman

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Chris - they are both beautiful - one very elegant and the other very whimsical. I love the pastels for christmas.

Traci S. said...

Hi Chris~

I didn't know you are on the Creative Inspirations Team! I love anything that shimmers! You really used them in a wonderful way in both cards! I really like the way you used the new denim--that sky looks beautiful.

I loved the second card! That candle and background look wonderful. And, you used so many different colored paints with it! How wonderful!

I love their paints and your work!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Marsha Fisher said...

Great job showing off your sketch skills ;-). They are both so different and equally beautiful!

Ida said...

Wonderful holiday cards. That reindeer is so cute and I love the so colors on the holly card.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Terrific challenge card, Chrissy. Beautifully created.

Tami Black said...

Okay so now you are enabling me to buy more -- paint! Who knew? These are both the most darling cards -- and I love the appearance of the paint -- just a whole new dimension! Thanks for the nudge and the enabling...I'll be sure to tell my hubby that Chrissy made me do it!

Lisa Bohler said...

Love both cards...I especially love the angle added with the reindeer card!!!

Jeannie said...

Great holiday cards ... both of them! Love the cute reindeer! I love how you adapted the sketch! I feel your pain about writing the post and losing it! I've done that a few times too -- I almost feel that writing a good post takes longer than making the card sometimes!! TFS your talents!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are lovely Chrissy! Your painting is wonderful! Love the papers on your reindeer card! :D

Cheryl said...

Great cards! I really love the paints. The reindeer is adorable.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Two wonderful cards! I love your reindeer- such a cute stamp- great colors! I really love the elegant candlw- and love the ribbon and the sparkle! Beautiful!

BarbaraW said...

Two wonderful cards. Rudolph is cute. Thecandle card is awesome. I love how you used the sketch in your layout.

Clara said...

Great images! Your cards are both so different with great use of this weeks sketch. Rudolph is super cute!

Nikki Bond said...

These are both fantstic! Love your take on this sketch. {SMILES}

Basement Stamper said...

Great cards, I love how different they both are. Love the rudolph with the mistletoe background.

Lori said...

Love both versions of the sketch! The paints give a beautiful shimmer and sparkle to the images.

Rachel Hope said...

Wonderful cards!! TFS

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! These are both FAB! Love the raindeer he's a keeper for sure and your candle makes me wish Winter & Chrismas were closer. You are very talented--thanks much for sharing it with us!

Marilyn SanClemente said...

Beautiful cards. The reindeer is so whimsical and the candle is beautiful. I love the details that you added to it.