Friday, October 15, 2010

BLOGGERS CHALLENGE - ORANGE, BLACK, WHITE


Hello! Today is Blogger's Challenge Day and our challenge this week is Black, White and Orange!


 I used the Creative Inspiration Shimmer Paints to create this background. I placed a small amount of water in a container. Using my paint brush, I dipped the tip into the paint and swirled the Pumpkin paint into the water several times. I then dipped the tip into the Onyx paint and swirled that into the water several times. I then swirled the colors together and dipped white paper into the water to get a swirled background. Depending on the weight of your card stock, do not allow it to saturate too long or your card stock will pill.


I did not have the right color ribbon, so I decided to create the color I wanted by painting a 5/8" Cream Ribbon with the Pumpkin Shimmer Paints. So pretty - the ribbon was nice but now it SHIMMERS. It took about 15 minutes to dry, which allowed me plenty of time to stamp my card and work on the layout.

Here are some more details on my card:
Cardstock: White, Tangerine, Black
Accessories: Cream Ribbon, Buttons from SU Neutrals, Linen Thread

When you are done reading all of this information you will definitely want to click HERE to enjoy the other Blogger Challenge participants projects! Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you have a WONDERFUL day and weekend!!!


Chrissy D

19 comments:

MJ said...

This is stunning! I love that sentiment and that ribbon is beautiful! Wow!

Lisa Bohler said...

So very pretty! Love that leaf and your painting is gorgeous!

Nikki Bond said...

Gorgeous! {SMILES}

JP Card Crazy said...

Awesome card the leaf is so perfect you almost want to reach out and touch it. Great layout!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful design! Great used of the paints!

Basement Stamper said...

Love what you did with the paints and creating your own colored ribbon. The colors on your fall card look fantastic!

Tami Black said...

Oh my, this is beautiful! It's a true work of heart in my opinion and if I received this card, I wouldn't part with it! Gorgeous!

Heidi Hihn said...

Wonderful card! I love the details you included! You just have to love autumn and how it inspires us!!

Dani said...

*squeal* That ribbon! You crafty genius! Totally in love with this card, fabulous job!

Ida said...

Gorgeous! Love the leaf image with these colors and the ribbon is lovely.

BarbaraW said...

Striking use of the colors. Love the shimmery ribbon. Beautiful card.

Marsha Fisher said...

Love it! Great sentiment and thanks for sharing your techniques too :-D

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Really cute. Love the text on the left side. It really enhances the card.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so beautiful and elegant Chrissy! Your painting is wonderful! :D

Connie Fossenier said...

Chris I can see that ribbon shimmering right on my screen...I love the background and especially the verse...ODB really has nice stamps.
connie paxman

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the shimmer on that ribbon--it is so sparkly!

Dana said...

I love this! I've used my Copics to color ribbon before but have never tried anything else. I will definately be playing with this technique!! Thank you so much!

Marilyn SanClemente said...

What a beautiful card!! Great job!

tonistamps said...

That ribbon coloring/shimmering is the BEST Chris! It's gorgeous. Thanks for the tips.