Monday, October 4, 2010

SKETCH BY DESIGN MARBLED SMOOCH

Welcome to the Technique by Design Blog Hop for the October-November Technique Junkie newsletter! There are wonderful projects for you to enjoy and to inspire you on this blog hop. I loved what Cathy created, didn't you? If this is your FIRST stop, you really do not want to miss what the Design Team has in store for you! Please go back to the Technique Junkie's Blog and start there for a TON of inspiration! 


For my project, I used the technique Marbled Smooch! This technique was SOOOO addicting, I couldn't stop myself and made a TON of these backgrounds in assorted color combinations!




The stamp I used is from I Brake For Stamps and it is called Joy Postage.  The words are from the set Inspirational Phrases. This is one of the new lines Della purchased from Embossing Arts. So many fabulous images are being added to the store from Embossing Arts and Auntie Amy Stamps. You can save 10% by using the discount code SAVE10CHRIS at I Brake for Stamps. Della also has a great NEW forum called The Brakefast Club. Be sure to take some time and check it out!


To color the images, I used the dreamy, creamy Creative Inspiration Paint. These paints have just the right amount of sparkle to them and are easy to use! I started out by grabbing my water color paint brush and painting the border with Antique Gold,  the frame portion I painted Plum and I allowed it to dry and went over it lightly with the Denim paint. The Joy I painted Plum with a bit of shadowing with the Denim paint. The background of the postage I first painted the Antique Gold, but felt it looked too muted, so went over it with the Gold paint to give it more of a golden hue. The leaves were painted with Evergreen and the berries on the postage were painted with Burgundy. So pretty! 


Once I got started with these paints, I couldn't STOP! I sat down and painted 10 images. lol








The design and measurements for this Technique by Design sketch are located on page 6 in the TJ newsletter.

Make sure you hop through the rest of the Design Team member's blogs. Lots of eye candy for you there! Then create a card using the design sketch and follow Pat Huntoon's  directions for entering the contest. You will need to send her a card using the Technique by Design challenge or share it with the TJ yahoo group or send Pat the web link where your card is posted, PLUS you will need to comment on Pat's blog. The prize is terrific!

This October is the eighth anniversary of the Technique Junkie newsletter! Congrats, Pat! The TJ newsletter is always a terrific source of inspiration! The prize will be TJ Subscriber for life, and all back issues/cds to fill in the collection of whoever wins prize will include things from the vendors. 

Be sure you follow all of the blogs for this Design Challenge Blog Hop through the Technique Junkie Design Team members. Your next stop is going to take you to see NANCY's FANTASTIC project. 

Thank you for stopping by! HAPPY HOPPING! Have a wonderful day!

Chrissy D

21 comments:

Terry said...

Beautiful card Chris! Love the marbled background, which I will so have to try!

Pat Huntoon said...

Ohhh! You flipped it! Love it!

Jane Bosi said...

Chris! I love that you rotated the sketch and that stamp! YUM! Love it all; good job!

Doreen said...

Beautiful card - love the painting!
- doreen at http://whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lovely work, as always. I really enjoy seeing what you create next.

Donna said...

Beautiful card, Chris. I have a whole stack of Marbled Smooch backgrounds too. Once you start making them it's soooo hard to stop!

Judy Jackson said...

Nice work!

Hetty said...

Wonderful, Chris! Your colors and techniques are beautiful together.

Dawnll said...

Great card Chrissy, love the colors. I can see why it would be addicting.
Great use of the sketch.

Tammy Q Howell said...

Such a pretty card! Love that background.

Lynda said...

Love the design switched, too. Very pretty with the marbled background. Very nice job!

Lynda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl said...

Beautiful cards! The technique turned out wonderfully and looks fun too.

Cathy Y said...

Oh, how pretty! I love the giant "stamp".

Unknown said...

Love the colors and I also like the way you turned it........

Audrey said...

I absolutely love thid card beautiful doesn´t even come close to words for it!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great technique-the marbled BG is so pretty! The sketch looks great flipped too.

Maryann Laursen said...

A wonderful creation. Love this background really much. Beautiful colors too.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Oh this is great Chris, you created a wonderful effect!

Traci S. said...

Oh, Chris! This must be one of my all time favorite cards! You made this card beautifully. I love the look of the stamp! I wish it was a real postage stamp.

I love the color purple. We used vibrant purple and yellow as colors for our wedding. And, I always email in purple...it reminds me of my Lord, because it is the color of Majesty. And, my word for the year is "JOY!" It is seen all over my 2 "Walls of Inspiration." On these 2 walls, I have Scripture, photos, cards from friends, maps to pray for people where it is illegal for them to practice Christianity, quotes...anything that inspires me, and today, this card with this stamp inspired me! Thanks for sharing it with us/me!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Nancy Dawson said...

Oh Chris will have to try Marbled Smooch! Your card is gorgeous!