Saturday, October 30, 2010

ODBDSLC35 TOP THREE - YOU CHOOSE

Hello Everyone!!! It is Saturday and today I am holding a Stamping Class in my home. I am so excited to hold the class. I have not had one since this summer due to being so busy with my children and adjusting to our school season. Even this week was crazy busy, but we made it through and I am so blessed because my family all worked together to get everything ready for our day!

After class, I am looking forward to going to Village Creek Bible Camp to go on a Scrapbook Retreat. Although, I will probably not scrapbook during this time. I am planning on stamping this round and enjoying some quiet time reading and relaxing. I will also definitely look forward to time with mom and friends. We always laugh a lot when we are together.

Well you all know that today is Our Daily Bread Designs Shining Light Challenge! This week's Challenge is....
 
your choice of our top 3 challenges at ODBD: 
1- Sparkle
2- Dies or Punches
3- Texture it

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for thprize must be submitted by Thursday, November 4. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.



This first project that I created uses the Glitzy Lace technique from the August/ September 2010 Technique Junkies Newsletter. 

Here are some more details:

Challenge: Dies and Punches and Sparkle
Dies and Stamps: Peace and Joy and Snowflake Die
Cardstock: White, Lovely Lilac, Black, White, Turqouise
Accessories: Lace, Glitter, Gems, Dimensionals, Tidy Tray, Paper Piercing Tool, 




 I do not know the name of this technique, but I just love it! It makes a huge mess and I will literally DAZZLE for a good day when I do it. There is glitter everywhere. *smile* The directions as to how I do it are HERE.


Some more details are:
Challenge: Dies and Punches and Sparkle
Cardstock: Basic Grey, Black, White, Cherry Cobbler by SU, 
Accessories: Scallop Punch, Gems, Nestibilities, Paper Snips, Glitter, Big Shot, Dimensionals, Crystal Effects, Acetate

I can guarantee Inspiration when you check out the other Design Team members projects! Check out their blogs here: 


Enjoy your weekend! Thank you for stopping by!

Chrissy D

7 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These cards are absolutely stunning Chrissy!! I so love all the sparkle and your designs. My fave is the one with the snowflake...maybe because of the snowflakes and the blue!! Awesome work gf!!
Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Dawnll said...

Oh I love the sparkle on your cards, glad you have the mess! LOL
Love the colors of the blue and lace is just so yummy.
Have a great and relaxing weekend.

Terry said...

Chris, I love the glimmer and sparkle on both of your cards! Both are stunning! Have a wonderful class and retreat!

Danni said...

These are all so wonderful and pretty!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, two absolutely gorgeous creations, Chrissy!! I love the Poinsettia one...the sparkle is fabulous, and the snowflake one, I am still not sure how you've got that lace look so awesome. Thanks for sharing these beauties!! Have a bleesed weekend. Hugs, Sabrina

Grace said...

These are beautiful Chrissy! I love all the sparkle! Love that lace technique! Have a blessed weekend!
Hugs,
Grace

Mickie said...

Oh oh oh I love that. I love sparkle and get it everywhere also but so worth it. Very pretty card Chrissy.