Friday, February 6, 2009

BLOGGERS CHALLENGE -#85 AND ALL ABOUT JOY!

Edited to answer a question...
IT'S FRIDAY! You know, in my world, that does not mean a whole lot... Each day runs into the next when you Home School your children. I honestly wouldn't have it any other way though! I love spending (most of the time) my days with my children.
This week's Bloggers Challenge is a SKETCH CHALLENGE. (See below) I just recieved a Stampin' Up! order and HAD to use my new Thoughts and Prayers Stamp Sets. Do you ever think you need your head examined? Well...I often think I do. I cut this tree out - then stamped it on RED STICKY STRIP and cut it out. Then taped it down and added MICRO BEADS. How CRAZY is that!?!? I do really like the way it looks in real life though...but not sure I like it so much I would want to duplicate it! LOL Here are the details of my card...
Stamp Set: Thoughts and Prayers by SU
Cardstock: Barely Banana, Handsome Hunter, Urban Praisrie Basic Grey DP, Whisper White
Accessories: Red Sticky Tape in 8 1/2x 11 sheets, Microbeads, Pearl Brads by K&Company, 1/16th hole punch, Vanilla 5/8th ribbon, Paper Piercing Tool, Sponge, Primas, Glue Dots

Thank you for stopping by! Be sure to check out the other Blogger Challenge participants cards! I always enjoy looking at them and I know you will too!
Have a blessed day!

Chrissy D

P.S. Linda asked...Hi Chrissy, Wow, this card is truly stunning!! And then to read how you used a technique that required cutting it out twice. AMAZING. I love cutting things out, and I have mega patience, but I am still in awe of your work!! No one else has asked, so I will......So, how many trees ended up in your garbage can that day?? A little slip here, and a little slip there, and you've lost an entire branch!. Now I read where you get to spend time cuddling babies. I am soooo jealous. Keep up the good work and kuddos on being a wonderful friend. Linda S. in NE
THANK YOU for your kind comments!!! The answer to this question is NO trees went into the garbage! I accidently did cut TWO branches off (the side ones) BUT with the Red Sticky Tape, I taped them down, lined them up and then put the micro beads over it. You can not tell. You couldn't even tell once I pieced it back together. :)

39 comments:

Pat Huntoon said...

Great card, Chris!

ribenaruby said...

Very pretty creation and subtle sentiment. Love it!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

This turned out so well Chris! What a lot of detail you added with the tree designed the way you made it! I can't imagine doing all that with the sticky strip, it's not one of my favorite things to work with.
Your card is just lovely!

Have a good day today!
Hugs!

Unknown said...

Iknow what you mean I have some embellishments that I went crazy with but not something i want to ever repeat. Great card though!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

This is pretty, a glamourous card with lots going on. Love it.

:) Marcia

Amber said...

Great Card hun ! I always love coming to your blog ! Hope alls going well and that youhave a great weekend

Lisa Somerville said...

Even thought it was a lot of work - the end result is just beautiful!

Connie Babbert said...

Beautiful...I'm sure it is stunning in person with all that glitter! Great job!

Ed said...

Love your card Chrissy - such pretty colours...

Moni said...

Great card! Hugs, Moni

Maria Matter said...

Wow, Chris, just seeing that you cut this tree out made my hand cramp then I read you did it twice...Wow!
It looks beautiful!!! Love the bead idea...again Wow!
Isn't it great what we are willing to do knowing the joy it will give the recipient!
Blessings, Maria

pinky said...

Your cards are so detailed and finished some beautifully. This one would be so useful to have. Think you should make at least a dozen!!! lol.
Pinky

Lorie said...

This is stunning! I love that new set!

Dani said...

Wow, that's a lot of cutting! Wonderful card, I love this set- it's for sure on my list this catty!

Rachel Hope said...

Gorgeous...everything is perfection!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Chrissy - this is so very beautiful. Love how your tree is out of the box (or circle, as is the case). Fantastic colors too! What an awesome job you did with this sketch!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so pretty! I love that tree.

Selene Kempton said...

Hey ~ nice stamp set!!! :) I really love what you did with this challenge, it's simply gorgeous! Wow!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful, I love the addition of those pearls to the card!

Ida said...

Very pretty card. Love all the cutting you did to the tree image.

Lisa Bohler said...

That is a LOT of cutting but it looks gorgeous!!! Beautifully done!

Ann Kranitz said...

Great card. What work you put into it! It was worth it because it is spectacular.

Connie Fossenier said...

There is that tree again calling my name..What a super job on this card..and applaud you for intricitically cutting out that tree.
connie paxman

Lori said...

Wow--how pretty!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so elegant and pretty Chris! The colors are very soothing as well! You did a wonderful job with this sketch! :D

Lisa Martz said...

All that cutting and microbeads...WOW! Great card.

CreativeMish said...

what a pretty card. I love the dimension of the tree!

SueB said...

LOVE this card and that tree stamp - it's calling to me - TFS!

Kimm BT said...

First, that is my favorite new set from SU! Second, I cant believe you cut that tree out not once, but twice! It is gorgeous! Kimm

LINDA said...

WOW!! This is just Beautiful!!!

Sally said...

Chris,
Truly an exquisite card. Your cards are always such an inspiration to me. I've been a little down this week and for some reason this card has brightened me up immensley! thanks for sharing it.

Unknown said...

That tree is amazing! Fabulous job with this sketch.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Chrissy - this is wonderful. That was a lot of work with the tree, but it is beautiful - I love it.

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Barbara said...

Spectacular! With the beads, I bet it's even prettier in person! Have to give you a lot of credit for cutting out that tree....not once, but multiple times.....I can see why you are not anxious to duplicate it!!

Kim Marie said...

What a blessing this card was, Chrissy! Thanks so much for sharing it! I gladdened my heart!
It's gorgeous!
Kim Marie

Anonymous said...

That is a great card! I love how you cut out the tree! That is a great set for get wells, sympathy, and encouragement! Good luck with all those cute kiddos!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, Chrissy...this is sooo fabulous!!! Lots of work here but sooo worth all your efforts!!! This set is on my wish list, for sure!!!

Linda S. said...

Hi Chrissy, Wow, this card is truly stunning!! And then to read how you used a technique that required cutting it out twice. AMAZING. I love cutting things out, and I have mega patience, but I am still in awe of your work!! No one else has asked, so I will......So, how many trees ended up in your garbage can that day?? A little slip here, and a little slip there, and you've lost an entire branch!. Now I read where you get to spend time cuddling babies. I am soooo jealous. Keep up the good work and kuddos on being a wonderful friend. Linda S. in NE