Monday, February 2, 2009

MONDAY DT CHALLENGE #12 - MONDAY MAIL CALL!

HELLO!!! SWEET 'n SASSY STAMPS is SPONSORING the CPS Sketch Challenges again this week!




If you have been coming to my blog for any amount of time, you will know I LOVE paper piercing! This months Technique Junkies Newsletter (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps is a sponsor for them) is geared towards being on a budget!This technique is called Pierced Spotlight. You can find out more information about this technique AND many others at http://www.patstamps.com/
Here are the details of my card...Stamp Sets: Be Still, A True Friend available at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, Canvas BG at SUCardstock: Kraft, Not Quite Navy, Garden Green, Chocolate ChipInk: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Creamy CaramelAccessories: Chalks, Prismacolor Pencils, Paper Piercing Tool, Nestabilities (used this for my mat), Jumbo Eyelet/Brad, Sponge, Chocolate Poly twill Ribbon
I colored the spotlighted image with the chalks first, then shadowed a bit with the colored pencils to make it POP a bit more.Now, if you participate in this week's CPS Challenge and Monday DT Challenge, you will have an opportunity to win the beautiful Floral Flourishes set by Korin. If you would like to win this stamp set go to CPS's blog and follow their directions.
. Most of our DT members have played along so be sure to check out their blogs, too!!
Teresa
Also, be sure to check out the CPS blog where the Sweet 'n Sassy design team is featured AND for a chance at a SNS stamp set!! When you upload to SCS/PCP please use keyword SNSMC12 so we can all see your creations!
Now to up the ANTE a bit, anyone who participates once you attach your link, come back here and attach your link and I will pick a winner and send the winner this card!
Don't forget today is Monday Mail Call! My goal is to send out 3 cards today! How about you?
Have a great day!
Chrissy D

15 comments:

Janette said...

very pretty Chris! I love how you highlighted just the deer head

Deb said...

Chrissy, this is so soft and lovely! Absolutely beautiful!

Christi Flores said...

This is awesome Chris! I love your piercing and how you flipped the sketch!

Lorie said...

Chris...this is SO beautiful! I think I need to acquire this set soon! :o)

Sandy said...

This is absolutely beautiful! The way you spot lighted his head is great!

Jeanette said...

This really is such a beautful and elegant card. I would never have thougth to do something like this but it really is stunning! Hugs Jeanette

Kathy W said...

FAB! like how you pierced and spotlighted!

Unknown said...

ohh now thats a cool technique!

Sally said...

Chrissy,
Your card is so stunning. Going to your blog is the highlight of my day. Always so upbeat and inspirational.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Wonderful creativity on this card, Chris! So soft and peaceful...
Well, I managed to get 2 cards in the mail today...misplaced some addresses or there would have been more. Will try to do better.
I made one card for the PCP challenge with the sketch, not happy with it. Hope I can get another one made that I like better.
Hugs and have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

incredible card - awesome - interesting and beautiful

Kim said...

Chris this is amazing!!!!! I love it!
Hugs~ Kim

Courtney said...

Oh Chris. This is fabulous!

Dani said...

Another gorgeous card! I love how you spotlighted the face!

Wendy Hall said...

Great techniqe Chris. I love it when I see something different