Monday, February 9, 2009

MY SWEET VALENTINE with TUTORIAL, MONDAY SNS Design Team Challenge and MONDAY Mail Call!

Hello! I hope you are having a WONDERFUL day! I am trying to get reacclimated into my home after being away and you know how EVERYTHING seems to PILE up. Well, I am working on my attitude. I REFUSE to allow the enemy STEAL MY JOY! I keep saying - don't sweat the small stuff, no matter how much it annoys me. :) KEEP ON SMILING. What good does it get to get mad and hold on to the bitterness, anger, etc. The only one it TRULY hurts is yourself - so for today, I choose to SMILE.
Forgive the paraphrase here...
Psalm 118:24 This is the day which the LORD has made; I will rejoice (regardless of my circumstances) and be glad in it!
Now on to my project! This week's Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Challenge is to create a Valentine Treat Container...I am including a small tutorial. I hope it makes sense!

Cardstock is cut at 6 3/4" x 5 3/4"

With your cardstock facing long side in front of you Score at 3/4" , 3 1/4", 3 3/4", 4 1/4"

Turning the opposite direction Score at 3/4", 1 1/4", 5 1/4"



Trim up to the 3/4 inch lines, creating flaps.

On the top portion trim off HALF of the double flap, leaving the other for the closure.

Using adhesive, tape the side flap and on one side of the bottom flap.

Dont't forget to hop on over to the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Blog and the other Design Team projects...
Do not forget today is MONDAY MAIL CALL DAY! I am going to mail my BLOG CANDY out - I am late in doing that and 2 other cards. How about you!?

I am praying you choose JOY today too! Do not allow others to STEAL your joy!
I hope you have a blessed day!




Chrissy D












13 comments:

Lorie said...

Very cute Chris...I love it!

Deb said...

How cute! I love the dp...yummy colors and prints that your prima and other embellies were just perfect for!

Moni said...

Great job, thanks for the tutorial! Hugs, Moni

Unknown said...

love it thanks for taking the time to do the tutorial
wendy

Kathy W said...

great project, but I like your attitude even better- I think I will case that for the rest of the day!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

This is so 'sweet' (pun intended)! thanks for the tutorial.

Being ready for Mail Call Monday, some are mailed and some getting ready to be mailed. Your weekly reminder helps me stay on my toes!

Today I am choosing joy also, even though I have yet another cold and would love to give in to it and go to bed! Sitting here with a cup of Russian Tea but this batch is way to sweet for my tasted. The fruit flavors feel good on my throat.

Hope you have a joyous rest of the day!

Hugs!

Amber said...

super cute as always Chris im looking for something to do for hubby he told me not to buy him nothing haha

Unknown said...

thats cool! thanks for sharing.

LINDA said...

Chris, This is so cute..TFS

Betty J Schaub said...

Nice box and a sweet Valentine!
I got my Joy in my upper left pocket! You know, right over my heart!

Anonymous said...

Chris, thanks for the sweet blessing and box idea....or sweet box idea and blessing of creativity! Lovin' the blessing and spiritual reminder at the end of your blog entry today.
Keep Looking Up!

Sally said...

Fabulous Candy treat and tutorial. I do love your tutorials. I have chosen to SMILE today too!

Dani said...

Love this! Great idea, we love those candies!