Friday, February 27, 2009

BLOGGERS CHALLENGE #88 - ALTER IT, BLOG HOP DAY #3

Scroll down for a chance at Blog Candy!!!
Good day, Friends! My sick child slept through the night, so I feel half way human today! Praise GOD! LOL I did not do any stamping yesterday, due to lack of sleep and caring for my family. My husband took the day off to burn up some unused vacation time, so I am stamping and making him tend to the sick kids! I normally have some energy to do some stamping at night but this week it JUST DID NOT happen! I was exhausted and just rested.
Today is BLOGGERS CHALLENGE DAY!!! This week's challenge is to ALTER SOMETHING - so I used an empty BUILD A BRAD container. I have 3 empty containers laying here, so I thought I would use up some clutter. My 7 yo daughter is sleeping over at a friend's house tonight, so I thought I would make the Mom (who is a friend of mine) something to tide her over for a night of giggly girls. :)
It is also a RELEASE PARTY night and Blog Hop so I wanted to use the NEW RELEASE Elegant Blessings. When I saw the crosses, I immediately thought of my stash of Shrinky Dink stuff, so grabbed that this morning and created a "charm". I think this would be PERFECT for someone who wants to make bracelets and things.
Here is an image of the stamped and colored image on Poly Shrink before I shrunk it...
I used Fabrico Markers and Staz On, I also sanded the polyshrink before stamping on it.
Here is a close up of the "shrinky dink"



Here are the details of the project:
Stamp Sets: A True Friend and Elegant Blessings by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (if you participate in the Blog Hop there is several opportunities to WIN THIS STAMP SET tonight!!)
Cardstock: Bella Rose DP from SU, Riding Hood Red and Whisper White
Accessories: Polyshrink, Oven, Fabrico Markers, Mini Glue Dots
Be sure to click on the icon the the LEFT and check out all of the other Blogger Challenges FABULOUS projects. I personally can not WAIT to see what they all altered. I am READY TO BE INSPIRED!!!!

Tonight is the Release Party! We are very excited because Korin will have some WONDERFUL announcements you will NOT want to miss!
Time: February 27, 2009 TONIGHT at 9pm EST. to February 28, 2009 at 12am

Event Description:Join us for lots of fun, challenges and surprises!

It is also day three of the Blog Hop. Have you found all of the Blog Candy yet that Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps is giving away?

Here is where you HOP to today...
Christi
Suzy
Korin
Deb
and back on the SNSS Blog to wrap it up!
I personally am off to HOP to Sweet 'n Sassy's Blog Hop AND to see the Bloggers Challenge cards - then I need to UNBURY my desk! Have a great weekend! I will see you tonight at the Release Party!

Chrissy D

26 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

Very cute! I have a ton of these laying around...time to ALTER them!

Moni said...

Waw you did great work, love the box, you decorated gorgeously! Hugs, moni

Ladystamper said...

What a cute project! Love the colors !

Lisa Bohler said...

What a fantastic treat to share with a friend...especially one dealing with giggles & girls!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Sweet and thoughtful gift, Chris! Love how you made the cross charm.
Glad to hear your son was able to sleep and that you can get some rest....very important for all of you. Take care and hope to 'see' you tonight!
Hugs!

Ceal said...

very cute! I love that box

Unknown said...

What a great idea for those tins! So cute - TFS!

Basement Stamper said...

Adorable, can you send some of those nuggets my way?

Lisa Somerville said...

Great idea for the BAB Tins - I'm sure your friend will appreciate the gift!

Kim said...

WOW Chris that is beautiful and I am in love with that cross! I so need to get that set for my mom...she will love it! Hope you have a fabulous party and a great weekend!
Hugs~ Kim

Tracey said...

A fantastic project Chrissy! Love the tin!

Ida said...

Very nice. Love the pretty papers and the goodies you encluded look delicious with their pretty wrapping. A wonderful gift idea.

CreativeMish said...

This is a beautiful little box!

Connie Fossenier said...

Very nice paper for your altered container, and ooohh love the cross.
connie paxman

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Oh you have given me an idea for some of my old tins here!

Great altering, love the papers you chose and really nice treat for the recipient.

:) Marcia

Dani said...

Wowza! This is awesome!

Rachel Hope said...

Soooooooooooo Pretty!!!

Connie Babbert said...

Wonderful! I have some empty boxes sitting here...thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

very fun! Little boxes like this are the perfect size! I love the way you decorated it. Have a great weekend!

Kristen said...

I think your project is wonderful, and done beautifully!

Lori said...

What a great way to reuse the container!

Anonymous said...

What a cute use for those tins! I love the "shrinky dink"! I forgot that I have some of the Polyshrink! Love the cross, it's stunning!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a wonderful gift!

Anonymous said...

Super job--they sure look yummy! Nola

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a terrific way to use that little tin Chris! Perfect little gift!

tonistamps said...

Great idea to use the Build-a-Brad container. Love the polyshrink too!