Thursday, June 17, 2010

BLOGGERS CHALLENGE #156 plus FIRECRACKER DESIGNS AND PAPER TEMPTRESS BLOG HOP!


Hello! Welcome to the OPEN ROADS themed Blog Hop for Firecracker Designs By Pamela and Paper Temptress!

The official start time of this Hop is Friday, at 8:00 AM(EST). If you arrived early, please be patient as all the links may not be live yet.

Todays BLOG HOP has a OPEN ROADS theme... It is finally summer and that means ROAD TRIPS! Road trips are all about the tunes right?
Since we enjoyed tha last music hop so much, let's make something that focuses on your favorite travellin' tunes!

This is a “circular blog hop” where the only beginning is wherever you start!! You will know you are at the end of your blog hop when you’ve come back to the blog you’ve started from! (It’s not a huge circle…so it should be easy to remember where you started.)

**To find out if you’ve won… you will be contacted by Pamela via e-mail (so be sure to leave it with your comment.) and you can also find out on Pamela’s blog after the blog hop ends on Mon, at 8:00 PM (EST).**


I combined one of my cards with this Blog Hop with the BLOGGERS CHALLENGE which is THIS SKETCH...
BCjunesketch
My Travelling Tune was The Climb. I chose this as it speaks to me about My Dreams - and the goals I have and where I have been and where I want to go in my life. The Climb for me has been such a blessing. I know I would NOT be WHO I am without all of the different events I have lived through... Good, Bad and Ugly.
Here is the video for you to enjoy.

OK...now that you enjoyed the video, here is some information about my FUN projects!!!

My first card is using the Bloggers Challenge Sketch! Since Firecracker Designs By Pamela and Paper Temptress have combined this Blog Hop, I was blessed with the chance to use Paper Temptress's GORGEOUS Papers -

I used the Technique Junkie Newsletter June/ July 2010 Edition and used the Copic Expressions technique - once finished, I used the final step and added a hint of Autumn Glimmer Mist to the knight! I love the Technique Junkie Newsletter, as it gives you step by step instructions!

The YUMMY papers I used are from the Paper Temptress and I have to say...while shopping for these papers, I got lost in the selection and had SUCH A hard time choosing which of these beauties I wanted to get. I have NOT been sorry YET with the ones I have chosen. On this project I used the Copper cardstock and the Sparkle Abysse. The Sparkle Abysse is just DAZZLING without the mess! :) For the background, I used the Recycled Classic Natural cardstock - this has a nice texture that is not too grooved and I was able to achieve a beautiful finish on the copper embossing.

A few more details: I used the She Dreams set from Firecracker Designs By Pamela
Accessories: Copper Gems, Aged Brads, Nestibilities, Heat Tool, Copper Ink, Copper Embossing Powder, Autumn Glimmer Mist, Dimensionals

A quick paper saving tip!!!! With gorgeous papers that might cost you a bit more, in order to save money AND get a little bit more mileage out them in your paper crafting needs (especially if you like to layer, like I do!!!) I trim out the inside of the layers... this saves me on weight of the card for mailing purposes AND saves me money on the cardstock!


So my copper layering piece for the circle came out of the remaining scrap!

Now for my second card I used the Faux Dominoes technique from the
Technique Junkie Newsletter June/ July 2010 Edition...

The papers I chose for this project are ohhhh soooooo pretty in real life!!! I wish you could poke your head through my computer and look at the texture and shimmer!!! On second thought, you would see my VERY MESSY work space! So be glad you can only view it here and you will have to actually ORDER these beauties from the Paper Temptress! I used the Cryogen White Iridescent cardstock and the gorgeous Green Textured cardstock that has a hammered effect look to it... SO COOL!

Once again, I used the She Dreams set from Firecracker Designs By Pamela
Accessories: Green Pearl Gems, Corner Rounder, Technique Junkie Newsletter, Martha Stewart Punch, Satin Ribbon

Here is a close up of the shimmery iridescent paper!

Now, to continue the circle, you will need to hop on over to the talented Michelle's BLOG and keep going until you’ve come back to where you’ve started!

Thanks so much for playing along with us and we hope you have a great time! When you are all finished hopping, you can check out the other Blogger Challenge participants projects click on the side bar that says BLOGGERS Challenge!

Chrissy D

44 comments:

Betty Benton said...

FAbulous papers! Thanks for giving us a little peek -- I do wish I could see it in real life -- I'm quite used to a messy work space!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the cards- fabulous paper saving tip! I love the domino technique with a sentiment- another great idea! Beautiful papers too! TFS

Ursula said...

Wow, Chrissy!! These are both phenominal!! Lovely papers, lovely treatment, lovely images!! Nice work!! :o)

craftieodmae said...

Both are fantastic!!!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

TOTALLY FAB!!! Love the song! What a great tip to give everyone! I just the PT papers and have been doing the same thing - squeezing every little piece out of them I can get LOL

AWESOME!

P.S. my secret word to leave a comment is: tholytip - hmmm that would be a fun word to add to the dictionary LOL

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Love the font on the text. Really nice.

kc_froglady said...

I just love the idea about trimming the middles out of the layers! I know that but tend to forget :( And that cryogen white paper is fabulous isn't it!

Great card the She Dreams set is one on my someday wish list!

Hetty said...

Love your domino text on the card, Chris! Wonderful idea.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both cards are super awesome!

June said...

Ohhh what gorgeous papers and beautiful cards, i am glad i popped over here
hugs June xxx

FireCracker082 said...

oh I love em both!! but really really like the way you did the dominoes one...really great look!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful cards, love that shimmery paper!

Payne Holler Cards said...

both of them are wonderful! love those papers...

craftymom205 said...

Great cards. Love the Live your Dream one.

Ida said...

Beautiful cards. I love the Copper Paper on your BC card. So shimmery. The layout on card 2 is also really nice. Thanks for the tip on saving paper.

BarbaraW said...

Cool image. Love how you used this layout.

Erin Glee said...

Great work, Chrissy! This stamp set would be great for my Rennaisance Pleasure Faire photos... and those papers.... YUM!

nola Burkhard said...

great project--love your knight. Thanks for the paper saving tip--have not done that in a long time.

Gloria Westerman said...

Both of these are very pretty....love the paper trick...never thought to do that....would save a lot of paper....thank you for sharing...

Terry said...

Love both cards! Love copper paper!! I have both those stamps and love what you did with them!

Anita said...

Stunning card!

Teri Terrific said...

These are just beautiful! The copper is one of my favorites; and the green card is quite eye-catching. I l-o-v-e the green textured cardstock!!
Teri "Terrific"

jennifer said...

neat cards! thanks for the tip

Gayle said...

Love that Miley Cyrus song, too. I just hate that she is deciding that she wants to be a "sexpot" now. She has such a great voice she doesn't need to try to be so sexy, huh? I too wish I could see your cards in real life because Paper Tempress has such fantastic products. Thanks for your time you put in to make this blog hop so much fun for us.

Gayle Taylor
gaylememories@sbcglobal.net

Lisa Bohler said...

I absolutely love how you did the knight with the out of the box tech. You also did a great job with the domino look!

pennyd said...

Both your cards are terrific! I'm also happy to see I'm not the only one that cuts my mats the way you described - I hate to waste.

Barbara said...

Beautiful cards.....love the theme! And thanks for that reminder on saving cardstock....forgot about that one!

Maria Matter said...

Always inspiring Chrissy, thank you!
Fabulous work!!
Blessings!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Wonderful cards Chris! Love all of the shimmer and sparkle! :D

Kathy R. said...

I love both of the cards!!! What a good hint about cutting out your paper like a frame-I love to layer also and this will help me save paper!!!!

Unknown said...

Both cards are great.....thanks for tip on cutting a frame for the layers......works great :)
dj_enns@yahoo.com

Theresa's Studio said...

Great cards and thanks for the tip. Enjoyed the video also.

Beba said...

Great ideas and great cards, thanks for sharing.

Chrisd said...

Great tip on stretching special papers. Thanks so much...on with the hop.

Patti P. said...

Gorgeous cards and wonderful tips. Thanks so much.

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Great card and association with the tune! ps: I cut the centers out of my layers too! :)

Heidi Hihn said...

Great cards!! I love the awesome tips!!

grandmalee said...

What beautiful cards! I adore your knight & the gorgeous technique! I definately wish we could see the papers better or have photos do it more justice. Cool dominoe effect!

Rachel Hope said...

Fun cards! Love the Knight!!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful cards! I love the knight in shining armor one!!

Lori said...

Beautiful cards! Love the copper and blue combination on your sketch challenge card.

Connie Fossenier said...

Chris...whoa lost on your blog with all the eye candy creations...love the card for the challenge with the horse image and the Nestabilities die....
connie paxman

Jane Bosi said...

Wonderful!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Wow, took me forever to get here! All those comments! 2 great cards.