Wednesday, June 2, 2010

KINDNESS: Pass it On...

HAPPY WEDNESDAY Friends! I hope this finds you having a BLESSED day! I am still adjusting to a new work schedule and balancing home life and stamping! This week, I worked the late shift twice and I am NOT used to staying up so late.

One thing, I noticed as I work is how crabby some people are and how rude they are. It is easy to get wrapped up in myself and want to retaliate or grow bitter and be nasty back. However, this week during my quiet time, the LORD reminded me that I need to be kind and show them God's grace.

Ephesians 4:31-32 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.

In one circumstance, a person was very impatient, rude and not kind. My flesh wanted to be rude back and take it personally. IN that moment, the LORD reminded me that the person's mood was NOT about me, but probably another circumstance in their life. So I chose to say a quick prayer for them and smile and thank them for stopping by. The person looked at me dumb founded and I have to say, I felt better about having done the right thing over choosing to retaliate their behavior.

Let me give you a small challenge! When your flesh wants to retaliate to someone who is being unkind, say a prayer for them! It is easy to take things personally, but in that person's Spirit, it may or may NOT be about YOU. Their mood may be from something that happened earlier in their day, or something that is bothering them. Some time's people do not realize how they are behaving and your kindness may help change that person's day!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Today is WACKY Wednesday and that means you can get the I don't have this set so can't share a card with you but you can see a card {here} that Shelly made and check out the gallery {here} for more samples too! Hurry now get over there and order your very own set!
Featured set!!

Featured stamp set from Firecracker Designs by Pamela for 50% off! This weeks FEATURED set is Happy Hour!! Remember you only have until Midnight tonight to get your set at this special price!

NOW about my card...
I am loving the new Technique Junkie Newsletter! The June/ July edition is JUST OUT! I chose to use the MASKED AND MARKERED technique on this fun card!

Stamps: Firecracker Designs By Pamela Birthday Wishes and Fruit Cup, Print BG retired SU
Cardstock: Pale Yellow, Coral, Glossy White
Accessories: Technique Junkie Newsletter, White Mesh Ribbon, Post It Notes, Martha Stewart punch, SU button, Thread, circle punches, Swiss Dots, Big Shot, White Gel Pen

Thank you so much for stopping by and being a BLESSING TO ME! Pass it on and smile and bless someone in your life today! It will make a BIG difference to them, even if you do not see it immediately!

Chrissy D

4 comments:

Wendy M said...

Very true post...

Sassy's Ramblin's said...

Such a great post! I just love it when God uses a fellow believer to remind me of things! I love your card too.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is truly a "When life gives you Lemons, make lemonade" kinda story! Bless you for sending out LOVE to people who are grumpy and having a bad moment. Geepers- I love your card- I love everything about it! Going to have to case this!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Thanks for the lift... Your card is just wonderful, so summery and fun. I love the colors and your layout! As far as the post goes... life is too precious to be bitter and angry. Not only did you do the right thing for you but I'm betting you made that persons day better. You go girl!!!