Friday, June 25, 2010

BLOGGERS CHALLENGE #157 - COLOR CHALLENGE KIWI, BLUE & WHITE

Hello! I am back to my (new) normal routine. We went out of town for a few days and had a FUN time. We went to a water park and I even had a chance to RELAX and read. I packed some stamping things, but did not do a lick of it!

This week for the Bloggers Challenge, we were challenged to use Kiwi, Blue and White.  I made three cards, but I am sharing two today. I got on a roll! I will share the other some time this coming week.



As an avid paper crafter, I am sure YOU NEVER do this... but I have purchased a TON of stamps in the past several years and have rarely used a few of them. Now that I am no longer a SU demo, I find that my SU stamps are collecting dust, as beautiful as they are... so today I decided to pull a few out and use them. I have had this Seashell stamp for maybe 2-3 years? I haven't found much inspiration to use it... so today I LOOKED and found this card and "cased" the general design of it and used the color challenge and created a birthday card for a friend of mine today.

This next card uses To Have and To Hold from SU as well.


Tomorrow, I will share a card using QKR STAMPEDE and some Cosmo Cricket paper that I have had lying around.

Check out the other Blogger Challenge Participants blogs and artwork using these colors by clicking on the Bloggers Challenge icon on the side bar!

Thank you for stopping by! Have a great weekened!!!
Chrissy D

21 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful- and love the seashell themed card- it is so pretty with the colors you used. I love the LO of the 2nd card too! TFS

Dani said...

Sounds like you had fun! Gorgeous cards- love the soothing colors!
Miss you!

Ida said...

Wonderful cards. The seashell card is so beautiful. Makes me want to be at the beach.

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous artwork; beautifully created!

June said...

Gorgeous work Chrissy that shell one is so pretty
hugs June xx

Tami Black said...

Chrissy,

I'm not a beach person but I am always drawn to shells. This is so soft and perfect -- a fabulous color combo for this set -- it's just beautiful!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Both cards are so beautiful Chrissy! The shades of blue and green are so soft and peaceful! Well done! :D

Claudia Perry said...

Wow! Two cards!!! They are both great, but the first one is my favorite

Lisa Martz said...

Very nice job! The colors are perfect. Soft and comforting.

Lisa Bohler said...

Both cards are beautiful! I really wish Kiwi would have made it back into the core colors! I love the texture on the first card and the scallop on the second is so pretty and soft!

BarbaraW said...

Two beautiful cards. I'm like you, I have the seashells, but don't use them. Maybe it's time.

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! Love that shell!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely cards, great use of this weeks colors.

Basement Stamper said...

I adore that first card, gorgeous colors for that image.

Patti Chesky said...

Beautiful cards Chrissy! Now that I live in the midwest, I am seriously missing the Jersey shore. Your first card reminds me of my beach vacations!

Connie Fossenier said...

Chrissy always enjoy your cards...and they make me want to put my toes in the sand...
TFS
connie paxman

Barbara said...

Both your cards are fabulous! GREAT job using this week's color combo.

Lori said...

Lovely cards! The seashell one is so soft and refreshing looking.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Really nice cards. the light blue is really pretty with the green.

MJ said...

WOW! I love the shell card, how fabulous. Great job on both cards.

tonistamps said...

I love both of your cards Chrissy, although the sea shell one really grabs me. I really like the shade of blue that you used too.