Sunday, June 27, 2010

FANTASY CHALK COCONUT

Ahhh Sunday! The weekend went too fast. I had a great Saturday. I spent the day in my office stamping with my stamping buddy. Many times, as I stamp she comes in and wants to stamp with me... well, not just stamp with me...but make the SAME EXACT card that I do. I have shared her project here. After church today, I get to stamp with my youngest. Her patience level is much less, so I anticipate it will only last 30 minutes max.

Todays card uses the Fantasy Chalk technique from Technique Junkies. This is one of my FAVORITE techniques...for two reasons... 
1. I rarely use my stamping chalks, so this helps me pull them out
2. I love how the cards come out when I am done with them. So different!

Here is a close up of the cards focal image...

And here is my finished product with some more details...

I used Paper Temptress's GORGEOUS paper. I used the Gray Leather cardstock that looks and feels exactly like leather! I put it through the Big Shot and added the same colors of chalks. I also used Paper Temptress's Metallic Gold Leaf Cord...this is soooooo pretty! I literally cut it at 2 inches and 1 inch to save it, so I will be able to use it on MORE projects! 

The stamp I chose was Fruit Cup and Birthday Wishes from Firecracker Designs By Pamela - I love the versatility of this set! As I stamped and colored this, all I could think of was "I am Coo-Coo for Coconuts!" A small take on the Cocopuffs commercials from my childhood. lol


Here are a few more details
Technique: Fantasy Chalk from Technique Junkie Newsletter
Stamps: Firecracker Designs By Pamela Birthday Wishes and Fruit Cup
Cardstock: Gray Leather from Paper Temptress, Vanilla Neenah, Espresso, Craft
Accessories: Chalk, Stickles, Copics, Cuddlebug folder, Big Shot, Gold Cord, Chocolate stitched ribbon from Offray, Dew Drops, Dimensionals

Here is my beautiful daughter. I love stamping with her!!! 

 
Here is her project... Most of the product is the same, except the papers are all SU


Thank you for stopping by! Have a blessed day!

Chrissy D

9 comments:

Dani said...

Gorgeous card! (yours is nice too, Chris.) ;)

nancy y said...

Super card - she must take after her Mom!

lavenderlass said...

Lucky you to have stamping buddies right there with you. What is the "fantasy chalk" technique? I love using my chalks.

Terry said...

Maybe because it is over a 100 here today, but that card is just so refreshing! Love the entire look! What a fun card!

Estelle from Hernando, MS said...

I love the cards. Both yours and your lovely daughter's. It is so nice that she stamps with you. Enjoy her while you can, they grow up so fast.

Daria said...

You both made super cards! They are so beautiful. How lucky you are to have such a talented stamping buddy.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Awesome card and your daughter is a real cutie!!!!

Michele said...

both cards are lovely. how neat that you had fun stamping together.

Ali Manning said...

Beautiful cards from both of you!!