Wednesday, June 30, 2010

OLD CARS AND A FEW FAMILY PHOTOS

Hello! Happy Wednesday! Today, we are looking forward to gathering with some friends and the kids are going to work on Tie-Dieing T-shirts! I am looking forward to a fun day as I haven't seen some of these good friends for almost a month now. I was spoiled this past school year. We were together at least two times a month due to joining together for Writing Class.


Today , I am sharing some family photos from our trip last week AND a Manly card using stamps from QKR Stampede. When looking at their Stamp Selection, you will see they have a WONDERFUL collection of masculine automobile/ transportation images that are sure to inspire you to create many great cards for those men in your life!!!

For this card, I used the STARBURST Technique from the Technique Junkie Newsletter April 2006 Issue. I made a mistake though, and covered up the center by using a sketch! OY! LOL

A few challenges I participated in:


Here are some more details:
Stamps: Old Cars from QKR Stampede
Cardstock: Glossy, DP unknown it was a scrap!, Light Blue, White
Accessories: Brayer, Spectrum Pad, Blue & White grosgrain, Blender Pen, MS Decorative Punch, Dew Drops, Mini Glue Dots

Below are a few family pictures from our trip. We had such a nice, relaxing time!




I have such fine hair, my head often gets sun burned. I do not consider myself a "hat" person, but need to wear one so my bean doesn't get sunburned!



My children are currently in a Dragon Phase, so they were THRILLED to see this and insisted on having their picture taken with it!






Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy your day!!!
Chrissy D

8 comments:

Terry said...

Love the card with the old car! Great use of blues! Wonderful family pictures. Sure looked like all had a wonderful time! Have a Happy 4th!

Joan Ervin said...

What a wonderful guy card, Chris....I love the colors you used and the car image is FABO!!!! Love all your pics, too...looks like you had a great time!!!! Next time you will have to come to Texas...we will show you a fun time and maybe we can get the Belli group together!!!

Maria Matter said...

what a fabulous image, wonderful card Chris, great background too!

Thanks for sharing these fun photos!!
blessings!

Carol said...

Great card, Chris! We both posted today using the same image -- LOL -- your car is colored, though, and looks really great!!!

Danni said...

Great card and fun photos!

Dee Tollaksen said...

Love your work, laughed when I saw the Wooden Indian w/your kids. That is outside the moccasin shop in Wis Dells, right? My husband's cousin owns that shop!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Chris - what a fabulous card! I love the image and the way you have used those stripesm especially with those great blues! Love seeing your photos too - thanks for sharing! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week, we look forward to seeing you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Anonymous said...

Chrissy, your family is beautiful and it looks like you all had a great time. Your card is stunning! Thank you for sharing your art with us at SSCC this week.