Tuesday, November 25, 2008

BELLI CHALLENGE DAY - BELLI'S GONE BY, SNS BLOG HOP & IT'S ALL ABOUT JOY!



Hello! Wednesday is BELLI CHALLENGE DAY - but with the Thanksgiving holiday looming ahead - many of our designers wanted to take the week off. But if you are a DIE HARD stamper - and not much of a shopper, you will be home avoiding the crowds and wanting to create, RIGHT? lol

So I decided to celebrate BELLI'S GONE BY - you know the ones?

What is the Belli Challenge you ask?

Each week, I try to give us a challenge that will use things we have lying around our stamp rooms! With a constant flow of new things coming out, I tend to forget about the other things I have and they quickly become clutter!

This weeks, Belli Challenge is to make a project using WHATEVER PAST BELLI CHALLENGE YOU WISH!

Here is what you need to do...
1. Anyone Can Play! Spread the Word! :)
2. Make a completed project embellishing your work with the Belli of your choice. Share the link here in the comments linking to my Blog and CBC and the number of the Belli Challenge you chose!
3. When you post to Splitcoaststampers or to your Blog, be sure and put the CBC - and the Belli Number you chose as your KEYWORD and mention of the challenge - with a link!
4. I will do a random drawing for all participants and have a special pack of assorted Designer Papers for the winner!

Last week's winner is Barb - you can see her fabulous card HERE. Be sure to leave her some comments! We all love them! :)

Here is a list of BELLI'S GONE BY!
1 BEADS 2 RUB ONS 3 BUTTONS 4 WHEEL 5 CHIPBOARD 6 – SKIPPED THIS NUMBER 7 HARDWARE 8 FLOWERS 9 GLITTER 10 CHALKS 11EMBOSSING POWDER 12 SCRAPS 13 UFOS- Unfinished Objects! 14 RIBBON 15 PENCILS
16 EYELETS 17 DIE CUTS 18 PAPER PIERCING 19 WHITE GEL PEN 20 MULBERRY PAPER 21 VELLUM 22 PAPER BAGS 23 DESIGNER PAPER 24 CIRCLES
25 ENVELOPES 26 FELT 27 BIRTHDAY 28 CONTAINERS 29 SCALLOPS
30 COASTERS 31 BAUBLES & BLING 32 BACK TO SCHOOL 33 FIBERS 34 SQUARE
35 METAL EDGE TAGS OR FAUX METAL 36 LEAVES 37 PAINT 38 CLIPS
39 PEARLS 40 THANKSGIVING 41 TABLE DECORATIONS 42 GIFT TAGS 43 -CORD

For some ideas - check out the Belli Design Team's projects! Their links are all on the LEFT sidebar! Check out their fabulous work and spread some love their way! :)

My project details:

This card is for JOY! She loves it when I use Stampin' Up! and while the DP and Dew Drops are not SU - I believe this will still qualify!

Also, the Belli's I chose are: #17 - DIE CUTS, #31 BAUBLES & BLING
I first colored the Inspired By Nature flowers with chocolate chip, More Mustard and Old Olive and stamped off. Then I took the markers and recolored certain areas to make them have shading. I *huffed* and stamped the image on my white TOP NOTE cardstock. I stamped the grass in Kiwi Kiss - then took the markers on the thin .8 tip and highlighted a few more areas on the images.

I sponged the edges of the Top Note Die with Not Quite Navy and Chocolate Chip - all other layers are sponged with Not Quite Navy only.

The border is cut using a cuddlebug die -and I attached it using my xyron.
Stamp Set: Inspired By Nature and Upsy daisy
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, SOft Sky (retired), Basic Grey Urban Prairie, Whisper White
Ink: More Mustard, Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss, Not Quite Navy, Soft Sky
Accessories: The Wizard - for borders and Top Note, Dew Drops, Mini Glue Dots, Lg. Ovel Punch, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 circle punch, Dimensionals

Things I am thankful today...

1. My sisters. One of my sisters and I have had a long road of difficulties, but we are overcoming them through forgiveness and time. God is good! I grew up with 2 beautiful sisters and have 3 half sisters and a brother - one sister that I have a relationship with, the others I do not know well.
2. My faith and salvation - my faith defines everything I am about. My journey and who I am and what I am becoming. Jesus Christ has died for our sins and I have accepted His free gift of salvation and eternal life. He is my everything.
3. Sleeping through the night. I often remember those years of having babies - that season of life never seemed like it would end. My husband and I would get in so many arguments in the evening about who would get up or WHY the baby was crying. Sleep is a good thing. I do not function well with out it.
4. My MP3 player. I recently purchased one and listen to books on it from Audible.com. LOVE THIS! I used to struggle with falling asleep at night. I would lay there for HOURS and toss and turn thinking about my to do list - but now I put in my head phones - listen to a book for about 5 minutes and I am OUT! (my husband would say snoring. LOL) Since I have been doing this, I no longer toss and turn. I do have to rewind a bit in the morning.

November Blog Hop Schedule
11/26: You'll start here and then head to Christi
11/27: Kathy & Faith11/28: Janette & Sandy
11/29: Jessica & Korin &
11/30: Michele & Chris

We are not having a RELEASE PARTY in December - we are celebrating all of the previously released stamp sets! Be sure to come back later today for another project.

Ok, enough rambling! Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful day! As you prepare for your THANKSGIVING meal, be sure to prepare your heart for the day too! That is most important. The meal will last a short time, but your heart, mind and soul will be with you long after.

Be Blessed -

14 comments:

Lorie said...

This card is completely beautiful! I could use glitter for my card, huh?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that card! It looks like you placed a picture of a spring meadow on paper! Gorgeous!!

Dannette said...

Hi Chrissy, What a cool chal. I just may do some more! You can check out mine at my blog!
I hope you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving!
Hugs, Dannette

http://danniescreativeoutlet.blogspot.com/

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Lovely card, Chrissy. Hopefully I'll get to make a card using former challenges.

Thanks for the lovely comment on my card.

I have been blessed by your friendship, encouragement and devotion to Christ. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Hugs!

ribenaruby said...

Hi there Chris, first time on your blog and joining in with one of your challenges. Happy thanksgiving to you and your family. My creation is here

PaperAddictJenn said...

Thanks for recapping all the challenges! Hopefully I will get the time to start participating in teh challenges soon. I usually start them, but don't get them finished.

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Chris, this is an absolutely gorgeous creation! Wow, I love everything about it!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Well, I made this for the SCS Color Challenge this morning and decided it fit some of your past challenges for this weeks Belli Challenge. Everything will be on my blog. tfl

Michele Kovack said...

Gorgeous card!!! HAve a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Dani said...

This card is beautiful! Love it! Have a fabulous holiday! :)

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow that card is beautiful. Kim

Bakinghandz said...

hi, interesting challenge...mine's here - Christmas cards and the belli that i'm using is no.8 Flowers
http://craftyfingerz.blogspot.com
thanks for looking

Joan Ervin said...

This was such a great challenge, Chrissy...your card is absolutely gorgeous!!! I may be able to do the challenge this weekend!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving...we are all going to Holly's today...can't wait to taste her pumpkin pie!!! Tomorrow it's back to Houston for services...thanks for all your prayers!

Carla said...

Love this! I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving! I don't have school today, so I'm going to blurf for a while then stamp the day away!!