Saturday, November 29, 2008

BLOG HOP & TURKEY DUMPLING STEW RECIPE

As I stamped today I was wrapping some cord and my children's cat hopped up on my desk to check out what I was creating. LOL




Today is another BLOG HOP day! Be sure to check out 11/29: Jessica & Korin's Blog today when you are done here!!!



I am getting together with a few girlfriend's today to do Once a Month cooking! We are going to make 120 freezer meals and each come home with 30. We will be pretty tired when we go home. We each had some prep work to do at home this week before the big cooking event! Tomorrow will mainly be assembly! :)


Now for my card...

Stamp Set: Winter Fun with Gretchen and Sam
Cardstock and Ink: Ballet Blue, Rose Red, Whisper White, Black Brilliance - COPICS
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds, 2 way Glue Pen, Large Oval Punch, Pretties Kit BLING, Felt Snowflakes, Mini glue dots

Now if you cooked TURKEY for THANKSGIVING you may have a lot of left overs! Here is a delicious recipe to use up some of your turkey on...

Turkey Stew with Dumplings
By: Chris Dickinson
8 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
4 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 med. chopped onion
½ cup butter or margarine
2 can (10 ½ oz.) beef consommé
4 2/3 cups water, divided
2 tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Pepper
3 cups cubed cooked Turkey
2 cups frozen green beans
½ cup all purpose flour
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

DUMPLINGS:
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Salt
2 T. minced fresh parsley
1/8 tsp. Poultry seasoning
¾ cup milk
1 egg
In a large soup kettle, sauté carrots, celery and onion in butter for 10 minutes. Add consommé, 4 cups water, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add turkey and beans; cook for 5 minutes.

In a small bowl, combine flour, Worcestershire sauce and remaining water until smooth. Stir into turkey mixture, bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. For dumplings, combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine milk and egg; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Drop by the tablespoons onto simmering stew. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes; uncover and simmer 10 minutes longer. Yield: 10-12 servings.

Come back tomorrow for another peek for the BLOG HOP!!! Thank you for stopping by and have a WONDERFUL Saturday!
Chrissy D

8 comments:

Tracey said...

Love your card!!! Have fun cooking!! Sounds like a tiring but fun way to spend the day!!

CreativeMish said...

I love your card! The sparkles are fabulous! This recipe sounds fabulous, too!!!! and I hope you post about your day of preparing meals. I've always wondered how this works out..

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

Lorie said...

Your card is completely wonderful! I'm printing your recipe for the stew and will definitely have to try it! Thanks!

Unknown said...

The card is beautiful and i will try out this recipe

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

What a wonderful design you created for this card! I love how you put the snowman and Gretchen behind all the snow, very effective! Your coloring is beautiful.

The stew recipe sounds very good and warming for a cold winter's day. Thanks for sharing it with us,

Christi Flores said...

Your card is gorgeous and that recipe sounds yummy. I wish I coudl find a group that I could cook with like that.

Carla said...

I LOVE this card! I love that you put the characters on different levels-that's the artist in you-I don't think I would have thought of that!