Thursday, November 6, 2008

An Oldie but a Goodie - plus weight loss update & testimonial!




I host a Stamp Club every year as part of my stamping business. Each year, I try to make different gifts for them for Christmas and for participating in the Club at the end of the year. I made these 2 years ago as gifts for my friends. This is pretty simple, but as I was looking through
my photograph files, I found this and thought I would share it here on my Blog.
This gift is a cd holder and I included the lyrics and burned cds of music I downloaded off the internet so people could plug them in and sing along if they wanted too.
The Stampin' Up! stamps I used for this project was AYC3, Lovely as a Tree, and BIG Circles (I think that is the name of it!)
Here are a few more details:
Cardstock and Ink: Ballet Blue, Real Red, Glorious Green, Whisper White
Accessories: Lg. & Small Oval punch, Computer, 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds.

Now, for my weight loss... I have to say that is has been put on HOLD. I have not gained nor have lost, but have been struggling with having to "THINK" about planning my food. The LORD is giving our family MORE Character Building Opportunities, and it is taking my extra energy just focusing on HIM and getting through the days with a SMILE.
It would be easy for me to fall apart and fall into my old habits of forming bitterness and anger AND eating! But the LORD continually is reminding me that I am in a process of refinement. “The enemy (Satan) comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I (Jesus) have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” John 10:10 Our family is coming against some great trials right now, I could choose to allow it to destroy us, make us grow further apart...but that would allow the enemy to win, right?
“That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.” 2 Timothy 1:12 (NIV)
I KNOW as I said 2 days ago - Isaiah 43:2-3, WHEN (not if!) you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. WHEN you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel (Chris or put your name here), your Savior.
I praise GOD that as I walk through these valleys, HE is with me. HE gives me the strength each day and I seek wisdom each moment from Him. I pray that as you face various trials, you will feel His strength, comfort and peace as well.
Thank you for stopping by! Have a blessed day!
Chrissy D

16 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh you go, girl. I am so proud of you! Weight control is soooo hard. It is definately one way Satan has a hold. I have been making some VERY bad eating decisions lately, and now I'm paying for it.

Hugs and prayers to you on your journey, my friend!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

I am continuing to pray for you and your family. Life can be very rough at times and you wonder how things will turn out, but we know that God has His reasons and will get us through in His time frame not ours. Keep doing the best you can and God will do the rest.

Hugs,
Barb

Vicki Burns said...

I am SO there with you! Just started Weight Watchers. Satan wants to creep in and sabotage me every minute of every day. But you know what? I figure he'd be doing that anyway! And I not going to let him win!

Unknown said...

Great Gifts! They are beautiful. I agree my family and I are in out own character building experiance! It heleps to know He is by our side helping us through what I know will be at least a 3 year battle.

Carla said...

Just this morning I prayed that I could focus on the Lord and not on geediness for too much food. Today, every time I eat, I vow not only to think of the Lord, but also to think of you and pray that you have the strength to stay on track! It's SO hard, but since God is for us, who can be against us?

Danita said...

I am surrounding you and your family in my hugs and prayers!!! Hope your challenges will end soon!!!

Lorie said...

This is great Chris! You are doing a great job staying positive through this trial. Hugs to you!

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a great project, Chris....perfect for Christmas gifts!!! My prayers are with you and your family....hope everything works out and the joy will return for all of you!!!

Jami said...

Love your CD project!! I can think of so many uses for this!!

I'll add you to my prayers and hope that you and your family find peace in your challenging time.
hugs, Jami

Kathy W said...

clever! I never thought of using lovely as a tree for branches- Cd fun idea!

Janette said...

cool project Chris- TFS. I love using the tree as braches- great idea. I will be praying for you as well.

Christi Flores said...

Your project is awesome and thank you so much for the testimony. I really needed to hear it today.

kc_froglady said...

what a great idea to make it like a mini binder! Great bright cheery color combo's also.

Dani said...

Great gift idea! You are so strong. I have such a hard time staying positive and you are doing an amazing job. I really admire your strength and faith. :)

Ceal said...

Chris I am proud of you and praying for you!

Kerry D-C said...

Great project! The battle of weight is a long hard one. :(