Tuesday, November 25, 2008

CBCC #16 - BAGALOPES & a RECIPE

Today is Courtney's Challenge Day - this weeks challenge is to create a BAGALOPE! I was looking around for directions - and found a really cute one at Cambria Turnbow's blog. She has an AWESOME tutorial there using the TAG punch (I used her instructions!)

Be sure to check out the other Challenge Chick's creations - I see I need to link them up here on my side bar!
Courtney Fowler
Danielle Marcus
Heidi Michel
Lorie Ames
Maria Fiscella
Sarah Anderson
Sparkle Smith

Tomorrow is BELLI CHALLENGE and we are doing something different this week! Be sure to stop back tomorrow to see what we are doing!

Today, I will start the cooking process. I will make my Pumpkin Cranberry Bread -
3 cups all purpose Flour
1 T. plus 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups granulated sugar
1 (15 oz.) can Pure Pumpkin
4 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup orange juice or water
1 cup sweetened, dried, fresh or frozen cranberries

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vegetable oil, and orange juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 2 loaves.

Things I am thankful for today
1. My husband's job - we are unsure as to what the future holds - but GOD knows, so today I am thankful for his job!
2. A cozy bed and my pillow. I never sleep as good without my pillow.
3. Hot water in my shower. Every day, I step into my shower - I am thankful for hot water!

Some of these things may sound silly I know, but I am so thankful for each little thing!


“Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18

Thank you for stopping by! Be blessed today!

Chrissy D

12 comments:

Kathy W said...

super fun package, nice job!

Unknown said...

Thats really cute. You recipe sounds yummy! Loving your thankful list!

Dani said...

Fabulous job! I love it!

Anita said...

Cute gift bag!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Recipe sounds good, have never had pumpkin bread with cranberries in it.

We should be thankful for even the smallest of things. When I can't find something I have misplaced and ask God for help, He always come through and I say "Thank you Jesus" So many things we take for granted like a hot showere, warm bed & yes that very special pillow (have 1 also) are counted as blessings to me. So no, I don't find your thoughts silly!

Have a happy and blessed day, my friend!
Hugs!

Lorie said...

That is great! I didn't actually participate this week but I'm loving yours!

Christi Flores said...

How awesome!! I love this!!

Sally said...

Awesome idea. Thanks for the sharing the site. I too have so much to be thankful for.

Sparkplug17 said...

Your bag is darling! And that bread sounds yummy!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love the dp you used.

CreativeMish said...

This recipe sounds fabulous! I'm gonig to have to give it a try

Jami said...

Darling little bag, and what a yummy looking recipe. I've copied it to give it a try! TFS!
hugs, Jami