Friday, November 7, 2008

BLOGGERS CHALLENGE #72 - The Same but Different

Good morning! This week's Bloggers Challenge is the theme - the SAME BUT DIFFERENT. We could go about it a few different ways - using the same colors, sketch, stamp or whatever we chose. I decided to just use the same stamp AND sketch but change the colors, designer papers and the embellishments. Also - one card NO COLORING and one with coloring!

My first card - I used my new Winter At Home design that is available at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps! To keep it simple, I stamped it in Brilliant Blue Ink on Shimmery White Cardstock. I used the Jumbo Snowflakes Wheel by SU on Lovely Lilac, Brilliant Blue and Bashful Blue. I embellished it with the Soft Subtle buttons by SU too,








This card, I had some scraps leftover from my scrapbooking TLC kits from last year, so I grabbed the black DP - colored the same scene. In my mind - I saw sparkles in the window with the SNOW, so I used Stickles - but now it looks a little "cloudy" so I am not completely pleased right now with the window... we will see what it looks like when it is dry...

I colored this image with my Copics and used DP for the curtains and the wall. Some more accessories: Blush Blossom cs, Snowflake felt, Snowflake Brads, Scallop Edge Punch

Ok - my children are all talking to me at once, so I need to go (CALGON TAKE ME AWAY! LOL) Be sure to check out the other Blogger Challenge Ladie's projects. I am ALWAYS in awe of their ideas and work!

Thank you for stopping by! Have a blessed day!
Chrissy D

33 comments:

Dani said...

These are both gorgeous! Such a great idea! :)

Lorie said...

Oh, wow! They are both completely lovely! I may have to try this idea.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Amazing how the same image can look so different with just altering the color scheme. Both are awesome cards. It's hard to choose which one I like better, although the pink one makes me feel warmer. :)

Ida said...

Wow very interesting to see how different your cards looked by changing the colors. I am partial to the color blue and I like the simplicity of not coloring on your first card. The second card is quite pretty with it's soft colors.

Connie Fossenier said...

wow, now those are very unique stamps. I love your pink and black, very cool tones.
connie paxman

Barb Hardeman said...

These are both gorgeous Chrissy, but the pink and black one just breathes "invitation". Your snow out the window makes my feet feel cold - brrrrrrrrr! Great take on the challenge...

Sandy said...

Oh you!!!! That second card is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Beautiful!!!!! Why can't I get mine to come out that good????

Kerry D-C said...

Fab cards!! Great job with the challenge!

Kristen said...

WOW!!!! both cards are great, but the colored image is amazing. Your coloring is really nice. Great job with the challenge!

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Oh two beautiful cards Chrissy!

Julie

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Both cards are great! Glad I don't have to choose between them as they are so different! BTW, I like the way your window scene turned out, looks like it is snowing outside at twilight, very effective.

M@risk@ said...

Nice job on the challenge, beautiful cards.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a beautiful image for two such beautiful cards! Fantastic job with this week's challenge Chris! :D

Nikki Bond said...

WOWZERS! Love the simplicity of the first but the second one is tooo gorgeous! {SMILES}

Unknown said...

love the mono colored card. Excellent !

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Wow Chris, I didn't think these could look so different ... I am in love with the monochromatic card, beautiful.

Selene Kempton said...

Wow! I like them both for different reasons. I love the color on the pink and pumpkin one. the watercolor looks so sharp and lifelike. The monochromatic one makes it feel like a winter day.. Two totally different feelings from the same stamp and layout. Awesome job.

Joan Ervin said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous, Chrissy....I just love your new stamp and it's sooo amazing how you can get such different yet beautiful looks with the same stamp!!! Awesome work, my friend!!!

Lisa Bohler said...

Wow! I had to look twice to see if you really did use the same image! What a contrast but both are so wonderful!

Ceal said...

WOW Chris your work is SO Awesome! they both are beautiful I love how on the colored one you made the dp your wallpaper. You are SO talented!

Claudia Perry said...

While your first card is VERY nice, the second one is STUNNING!

Anonymous said...

Wow your monochromatic card is just fantastic, and my jaw DROPPED on the second card! Your coloring is fantastic and the colors are so perfect.

Shelly Koskinen said...

These cards are beautiful! I can't wait to get home and play with this set!!!

Michelle said...

Both cards are beautiful! Black and pink is a fave color combo of mine, so I'm partial to that card, but the blue one is gorgeous, too.

Sally said...

Both cards are beautiful - great little stamp to use!

Unknown said...

These are lovely, i keep changing my mind which one I like the best.
well done.

Wendie

Patti Chesky said...

Wow! I can't believe how different the stamp set looks when used in two different types of cards. Nice job on both!!

Lori said...

Beautiful cards! It's amazing how different the image looks in the two cards.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, and a wonderful take on the challenge! The first card turned out great, but that second card is really WOW! And I think the window turned out just awesome! :)

Jami said...

Both are so wonderful!!! I LOVE that window in the second one! Wow!!
hugs, Jami

Holly said...

CHRISSY! I LOVE your pink card! Holy smokes, that is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Simply gorgeous, Chrissy! Love them both - you've done a fantastic job.

MJ said...

What a fun idea, love it. The cards look great both ways, and quite a bit different too. Great job.