Monday, November 24, 2008

TLS196 - POP UP GIFT CARD


Hello Friends-


It is now the afternoon and I am feeling a wee bit better than before. I can occassionally breathe through one nostril. LOL My 17 yo daughter said I looked like death this morning, so you can only imagine how PURTY I look. LOL

Anyways, I was going stir crazy sitting still, so came into my stamp room. This card, due to my congested head and moving SLOWLY - only took about 4 1/2 hours. Nearly 3 times longer than a "normal" day for me. Considering it doesn't even have any coloring on it! LOL


Today is the Technique Lovers Challenges #196 and it is to try a Pop Up Gift Card! There is a tutorial with a video HERE. Although it is very simple!


I used my Nestibilities Labels One dies- I just bought the Wizard and I am absolutely LOVING it! It took me 3-4 days to like it. The first 2 days, I was regretting purchasing it, but the more I am using it the more I like it.



I used K&Company Mira Specialty Paper Pad that I purchased from SNS. Then threw in some Brilliant Blue and Sage Shadow for my accent paper. I could not resist using the Christmas Scripture set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps for this Gift Card Holder. I do not have a gift card at this time, but I will be buying one for my neice and nephew as Christmas comes closer - so I will use this for one of my neices.

I also used a little BLING stickers from SNS too!



Stamp Set: Christmas Scriptures

Cardstock and Ink: K&Company Mira Pad, Brilliant Blue, Sage Shadow, Whisper White

Accessories: Nestibilities, Bling stickers, sponge, Kraft knife, White Gel Pen



Here are a few more things I am thankful for!

1. We got our first snow today - not only did it look very pretty, but it gave me an hour of quiet while my children went outside to play in it! WOOHOO! LOL

2. The many online friends I have made - thank you for being a part of my life!

3. I am thankful for the SNS Design Team - not only is each person very talented, but they inspire me in their giving and prayerful ways! I am blessed to be a part of their group! If you do not know them, I would encourage you to check out their blogs and get to know them through their posts!

4. My local friendships - I am blessed with knowing so many friends where I live and in areas I lived before. They love me for who I am and if I am acting like a doody head, they let me know! There is true love in itself - when the person you call friend, understands your past, believes in your future and loves me today...just the way I am.


Thank you for being a part of my life. I am blessed by you.

Have a blessed day!

Chrissy D

8 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Wow!! This is really beautiful girl.

Sally said...

This is really beautiful. Am sorry that you are under the weather. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my what a fun idea, love it.

Lorie said...

Oh, Chrissy...this is completely beautiful! You are so talented!

melody said...

WOW ~ that is gorgeous! beautiful work chickie! hope you're feeling better

Kathy W said...

just gorgeous!

CreativeMish said...

WOW! This is a beautiful project!

Jami said...

This is beautiful!! I love how you used the nesties and the scriptures!!
hugs, Jami