Friday, November 21, 2008

Bloggers Challenge #74 - THANKSGIVING



Want a little chocolate? I am putting together a goodie box for a friend and took her favorite chocolate bar and wrapped it up-
I decided to use this week's BELLI CHALLENGE - CORD on this challenge too -The Bloggers Challenge is anything with a THANKSGIVING theme - I used Sweet 'n Sassy's Thanksgiving Scripture stamp set! I just love this set!
I want to take a moment and say - I am soooo blessed! There are multiple things I am thankful for this year. Here is a short list -
1. My God and Savior - "I will praise the Lord as long as I live. I will sing praises to my God even with my dying breath." Psalm 146:2 NLT
2. My husband - despite the difficulties and times we may disagree, he is a hardworker, excellent provider, he is faithful, he loves me despite my MANY flaws, and he is willing to work through our difficulties TOGETHER - and he is an excellent father. He gets up for work every day - even when I say you should call in "sick of work" today, LOL...he resists the temptation. He's the MAN and I am blessed to have him in my life - even if he doesn't try to be romantic. heehee
3. My children - ohhh, if you know me, I may complain that they can drive me crazy - I hear "I'm hungry" at least 100 times a day but what mother doesn't? They are beautiful, loving, snuggly and my JOY.
4. My mom - recently my mom and I went away for a weekend together and during a quiet time, we had an opportunity to pray together. It was such an encouragement and blessed time for me. I appreciate her so much! I am blessed to have a praying mother.
I could go on and on - every Thanksgiving we make a Thanksgiving tree and during our daily devotions as a family, I make leaves and each person writes what we are thankful for on those leaves and decorate our tree. I will take a picture of our tree next week!
Be sure to take some time to check out the other Thanksgiving Blogger challenges!
Count Your Blessings today!
God Bless You-


Chrissy D

22 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful card and what a great story!

Connie Babbert said...

Love your card gift! Great job...

Lynn Mercurio said...

Another stunning creation, Chrissy. Such lovely colors and I love the bible verse...so very appropriate for this wonderful time of Thanksgiving. Fantastic job.

Lisa Bohler said...

What a great treat you have made here! Love the color choices!

Unknown said...

awesome treat and yes we are all truly blessed when we stop and think about it!

Sally said...

Fabulous card and your story brought tears to my eyes as I feel the say way about my hubby and my family. So much to be thankful for and seldom take the time to say so. Thanks for the inspiration

Unknown said...

What a great verse for this challenge! Love the use of that dsp here - it's a great project! Thanks for sharing your blessings with us too!

Rachel Hope said...

What a wonderful story and card!

Ida said...

Beautiful. I love the Tag on this project. Everything is just so lovely. Thanks to for the wonderful story about your family and your mom.

Selene Kempton said...

You did a beautiful job! Wow!

Patti Chesky said...

I love the verse...so perfect for this time of year.

P.S. Great story too!!

Kerry D-C said...

Yummy!! Great job and lovely verse. I enjoyed reading your Thankful For list.
I think many of us feel the same way about our kids and husbands: they can drive us bonkers, but we can't imagine life without them. We are so blessed to have such love in our lives.
(((hugs)))

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

great card! i would have never thought to pull out frosty day paper...but you did it up perfectly! thank you for the inspiration!

Ed said...

Lovely project Chrissy and the story is great too...

Christi Flores said...

What a beautiful card and beautiful story.

Ceal said...

I love this!
you have an award on my blog!

Lori said...

What a lovely way to present your gift!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

A stunning card and a beautiful story to read. Thank you.

:) Marcia

LORi said...

Well, at first glance I expected to only be inspired by your wonderful talent as a card designer, but once read your post I found I was blessed & inspired by your love for our God, your Family and your mother! We have all the important things in common!! :)
Your Friend in the blog World AND your sister in Christ,
LoRi

Jami said...

What a beautiful project - I love the muted colors and soft felt ribbon! Your life is full of many blessings - thank you for sharing with us!
hugs, Jami

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Chris! Such a lovely verse and thanks for sharing your beautiful list with us! Hope that you and yours have a Happy Thanksgiving! :D

Deb Wood said...

This is beautiful ans I love that verse!!