Friday, July 18, 2008

BLOGGERS CHALLENGE #56

This is the corrected version. :) Iaccidently didn't READ all of the directions and missed the Mellow Moss.

This weeks challenge was TRULY that...A CHALLENGE. I waited until this morning to see what a few others would post for some further inspiration. LOL Yes, I know...I took the lazy way out. But the colors were MELLOW MOSS, BLUE BAYOU, SAHARA SAND, REALLY RUST, and REGAL ROSE. We could add vanilla or white...

Now I personally like these colors, although they are not ones I use often and definitely not all together.

So after looking at some of the posts that were completed, this is what I came up with...

First of all, I colored the Serene Spring with Prismacolor pencils.

I stamped the FLORAL background in REGAL ROSE, with it stamped off to give it a lighter look. Then I stamped the Tres' Chic in Blue Bayou, but also had that stamped off. I sponged with Really Rust too. I probably wouldn't have normally done that, but was trying to go along with the challenge.

Here are the details of products:
Stamp Sets: Floral Bg, Tres Chic BG, Serene Spring
Cardstock and Ink: Black Staz On, Regal Rose, Really Rust, Blue Bayou, Sahara Sand, Mellow Moss
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Dew Drops (found at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps), Scallop punch, Mini Glue Dots, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat pack, corner rounder for scallops around the circle, Dimensionals.

Thank you for stopping by! Be sure to check out the other Bloggers Challenge participants by clicking on the Bloggers Challenge Icon on the right hand side of the screen.

Have a blessed day!

18 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Great job Chrissy - but - oh oh! You forgot Mellow Moss. Still your card is just so sweet, and I love those Dew Drops. Nice job on the coloring too...

Claudia Perry said...

Your card is gorgeous! Great coloring job!

MJ said...

Tee Hee, you are the second person without mellow moss. If I had the choice I would have taken out Regal Rose, lol! Your card is beautiful though. I love the way you colored it.

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Chris! Hey you missed Mellow Moss too--it must be the last name, LOL!!!

Basement Stamper said...

Very cute card, well put together.

Barb Hardeman said...

Your "corrected" card is still gorgeous and you didn't have to take it apart to redo it! Not a big deal...just thought it was funny that two of you missed the Mellow Moss. I would have left out the Regal Rose if I could have. All in stride...

MJ said...

Still beautiful!

Nikki Bond said...

Great job! Love how you incorporated the colors!!!! {SMILES}

Ida said...

Very pretty...I have seen both versions but am just now getting around to commenting and I commend you for adding on the missing Mellow Moss.

Connie Babbert said...

This is beautiful! Funny we were all thinking the same thing...tough colors! I think you did a great job. Wonderful coloring, too.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Chrissy! I love the addition of the dew drops! Wonderful coloring too! :D

Suzanne @ Day to Day said...

Pretty card.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Very pretty, so many of us have watercoloured and I think they look divine. Lovely card, love the layout.

Marcia
www.thestampspot.wordpress.com

Lori said...

Pretty! Your colored image is beautiful and I really like how you combined the two background stamps.

Lisa Bohler said...

I love the look of your background; so soft and serene. Beautiful card!

Amy Caraluzzi said...

Great minds think alike! Love your card!

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!!! Awesome job!!

Tangii said...

Love this card! There were alot of colors, I like how you pulled them together!

Tangii