Thursday, July 31, 2008

Science Project Day 15









I am sorry, the past few days have been a whirl wind around here! I have been taking my Dad to physical therapy several times a week and with my announcement, contacting customers, etc. Life has been FULL! I have been taking pictures, just haven't had time to post them here...until now!!!










Remember the caterpillar-butterfly from a few days ago? Well, he STILL hasn't hatched but when we woke up Wednesday morning 2 others had come out of their cocoon! My children were thrilled. There are 2 pupa that remain in their cocoons. The on is still alive and is wiggling to get free, but it has now been 4 days and no progress has been made, so I am wondering if he will survive.

Funny how a small little creature can get me concerned? I look in on him often and my flesh wants to help free him, but I know part of the struggle will help him in his survival.

If you notice on the top photograph, the one cocoon has a red bead of fluid on the top. This is something they secrete...my 6 year old tells me it is a red drop of liqiod form the wings and this is what gives them their color. Hmmm. I do not recall reading that anywhere.

There are a few pictures of our THREE butterflies...we are still waiting for two to come out.



Thank you for stopping by! Be on the look out for BLOG CANDY this week!





























































No comments: