Sunday, July 6, 2008

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #23


This weekends sketch challenge for Taylored Expressions is below. I used NO cupcakes - they were not required. :)

My friend Gail, who helps me out with my Stampin' Up! business, lost her twin sister this week. So I made this card just for her. She is such a dear friend. I can not imagine what she is going through now. I originally made a different card called the Cabin this week, but felt it may have been a little too masculine and earthy and decided to make something different with flowers for her.

This is what I did to make this card:

Stamp Sets: Close as a Memory, ROugh Texture wheel - I stamped off using Bordering Blue, just to give it a shadowy effect.
Ink and Cardstock: Bordering Blue, Night of Navy, Regal Rose, Pretty In Pink, Mellow Moss, Always artichoke
Accessories: sponge, prima flowers, mini glue dots, dimensionals, Basic grey ribbon, Paper piercing tool, Mat pack, Stickles, Pretties Kit, corner rounder for scallops - I just bought the new scallop punch from SU - it is supposed to be here tomorrow - I can not wait!!!!


Thank you for stopping by to look and if you commented, I appreciate that too! Have a great week!

7 comments:

de said...

How sad for your friend. Losing anyone is hard, I can only imagine how it would feel to lose a twin. This is a beautiful, creative card. I'm sure it will give her comfort.

Kim said...

Very beautiful card!

Kathy said...

What a beautiful card!! I love your color combo and those big beautiful pearls!! Very pretty!

MelissaS said...

My heart goes out to your friend. I can't imagine what she is going through. I'm sure it will help her to receive this pretty card and to know that you are there for her. I really like how you softened the card with the pink and the pearls. It's nice to see a sympathy card with color!

Christi Flores said...

I cannot imagine losing my sister. We were raised as twins (17 mos apart) so I can only imagine. My heart goes out to your dear friend. This card is gorgoues! I'm sure this will give her comfort.

Taylor said...

So pretty! I love all your sponging! Thanks for playing the challenge!

janedoe said...

Saw this card on Beate's Yahoo group Chris and wanted to stop by to say that it's gorgeous!