Sunday, July 6, 2008

My man's new (to him) toy

We were on vacation 2 weeks ago. We arrived home Saturday night, tired. So we unpacked, cleaned up and rested on Sunday.

My husband has been looking on line for different Porsches to buy. He has had one in the garage taken apart in pieces to paint and rebuild. It runs, but he just took the time to do finish the project. He helps me out a lot with the kids and is a wonderful man, so he set his dream car aside for us.

So Monday, my sweetie comes home and asks me to drive to the South side of Chicago. I really didn't want to, but I knew it was important to him. So I did it...and with a smile too. After all, if you do something for someone and have a bad attitude, it is more like revenge, you know? LOL I had just spent 8 1/2 hours in the car on Saturday, so I was tired of being in the car. The drive way 1 1/2 hours to see the car he wanted to look at. He was very excited and had a special twinkle in his eye. After getting there and looking at the car, he was so disappointed. The man had not told the whole truth about the shape of the car and it was very dented and in bad shape. Definitely not worth the money he was asking for it. On the way home, the way my man was talking, I thought the hunt was over and he was going to fix the one in the garage.

Wednesday afternoon at lunch, he comes to me and says he found another car. This time it is in Michigan and was being sold on Ebay. He had e-mailed the person and asked a bunch of questions and depending on the answers WHEN would it be convenient for him to go get it? Now let me tell you, in the depths of my heart I was thinking *I do not want to drive there to get it!* but what came out of my mouth was, "When do you want to go get it?"

He ended up buying it that night and we left at 11 a.m. to take care of the dogs, pick up a car dolly. We arrived in Michigan at 1 a.m.. I was SO tired. The next morning, we woke up at 7:30 and were at the man's home to pick up Adam's Porsche. He looked it over, paid the gentleman and took it for a drive and we were off on our journey home. We arrived home at 6:30 p.m. on Friday. TIRED. The drive was LONG. We still had to go pick up the dogs and the children, that would require another 3 hours of driving. ACK. Adam was so sweet, he let me stay home, knowing how restless I was after being in the car for so many hours.

He spent yesterday and all of today tinkering with it. Apparently, the drivers side lock isn't working. Maybe tomorrow I can take it for a drive. Wouldn't that be fun!? :) Oh, the best news is...it isn't a mini van that can fit a lot of kids in it. So the drive will be just me and one child. Have you ever seen the movie Cars? It will be like the scene (at least in my mind) that Lightning McQueen and Sally go for a drive...oh what bliss!



4 comments:

MelissaS said...

what is it about boys and porsches?? My DH just bought one too and is flying to Phoenix Thursday to drive it home... Lucky for me, his dad is in PHX and will drive with him, so I don't have to do it. Good for you for supporting him and driving around all those days to get it! I hope you get to have fun in it, too :)

Anonymous said...

You are such a trooper!! It is nice for them to have toys to keep them out of our stamp rooms! Ha ha!

Christi Flores said...

Kudos to you Chris for doing this for your man. I do the same thing for Todd since he works so hard. If he wants something I usually let him get it because of how hard he does work for our family. It sure looks like a fun toy! ;)

Lorie said...

How exciting for you guys! Congratulations to you both!