Friday, July 25, 2008

CHRISTMAS IN JULY! Bloggers Challenge 57


I have been running around so much the past few weeks that my stamping time has been greatly interupted. In my selfish mode, I am grumbling and have not been happy. And you know...when momma ain't happy, NO ONE is happy. So all day I have been working on my attitude. Not easy to do!


So tonight, I sat down after dinner and SLOWLY...VERY SLOWLY came up with this. It was hard to think Christmas and I had no idea which stamp set to use. Then I realized I had this paper and thought how PERFECTLY it would go with this Urban Cosmos paper I purchased from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.


One thing I can tell you, matching different Designer Papers does not come easily to me. I painstakingly looked and switched Designer Papers until I came up with this combination.
Here are some more details...
Stamp Set: Christmas Rose (retired Stampin' Up!)
Cardstock & Ink: Chocolate Chip and Purely Pomegranite from SU, Urban Cosmos kit from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, Black Adirondack
Accessories: Copic Markers, Pretties Kit, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Glue Dots, Stickles
Thank you soooo much for looking! Be sure to check out all of the Bloggers Challenge Participants to get more CHRISTMAS in JULY! You can click on the icon on the RIGHT.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

14 comments:

Lorie said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful card, and equally beautiful papers. Your flower embellishment matches your image perfectly.

Connie Babbert said...

Your card is BEAUTIFUL! I love that stamp anyway and the papers and colors go so well together! Excellent execution!

Nikki Bond said...

Wow! This is stunning! I love the colors...the layout...the image...the embellishments! What aGREAT Christmas card! {SMILES}

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so beautiful Chris! You did a marvelous job matching the patterned papers! :D

Anonymous said...

So pretty! Love the colors and pretties.

Lori said...

Beautiful! All of your elements coordinate beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Chris this is just beautiful! Love the stamp and your colors are stunning!

Ida said...

This is so pretty. I love your choice of papers and stamp set. It looks so elegant.

Barb Hardeman said...

I love, love, love it! Great job...

Suzanne @ Day to Day said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors.

Anonymous said...

Oh how pretty. What a great Christmas card!

Marcia

Shelly Koskinen said...

Beautiful!!!

tonistamps said...

Gorgeous colors choices Chris. Love that Christmas Rose set too.