Friday, October 3, 2008

BLOGGERS CHALLENGE #67 - LOVE or ANNIVERSARY- Falling For You


This week's Blogger's Challenge is the LOVE theme. It said Love, Anniversary - falling for you... In my mind, there is almost nothing more loving than adoption...Loving on the part of the parent who gives the child up and on the parent(s) who adopt the child.
I purchased this stamp MONTHS ago and have not used it yet. So as I was thinking of a romance - love theme card, I glanced at this stamp that was sitting on my shelf and thought PERFECT!
When putting this card together, I was looking at my flowers and was a bit disappointed to not have the same type of flowers. But now looking at this, I think each flower perfectly compliments the others - they are not quite the same, but a good combination. Just like FAMILY MEMBERS. We are not all the same, but a good combination. Right? I know my husband has strengths and weaknesses that I do not have. So I compliment his weaknesses with my strengths and his strengths compliment my weaknesses. Just like TEAMWORK. Imagine if we were all perfect. I think we would all get on one anothers nerves. Don't you?
Here are a few more details on my card...
Stamp Set: Floral BG by SU, Adoption stamp by Paper Inspirations
Cardstock: Urban Cosmos DP (available at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps), Purely Pomegranite, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Purely Pomegranite, Versamark
Accessories: Clear EP, Heat Tool, Assorted Primas, Pointsettia Dew Drops, Sparkle Gel Stickers, Mini Glue Dots, Scallop Edge
**I made my Purely Pomegranite Classic Ink Pad really juicy, then worked FAST and embossed the words.**
Thank you for stopping by! Have a fabulous day!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree these flowers work very well together and pull the color out of the card nicely! Very well done!

Nikki Bond said...

Very beautiful! I love your twist n this challenge! {SMILES}

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, this is wonderful, Chrissy. I'm an adoptive mom and I hadn't seen this stamp before. It's beautiful. Nice take on the challenge...

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful colors - love the sentiment.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Very heartwarming. As an adoptee myself, I know first hand the blessings of this wonderful gesture of love and sacrifice. This stamp is so very touching! Awesome job.

Courtney said...

Oh this is just great all the way around. Adoption is such a beautiful,loving thing and I love how you thought "outside the box" for this challenge!

And yes, we're all a little different from each other in families, arent' we? I guess that's what makes families so special.

Although, If I were to make that card to represent my family, I'd replace the flowers with peanuts. Ha! I'd keep the sentiment, because, really, we're adopted children of the KING, aren't we?

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful saying, gorgeous layout and love the flowers on this card!

Kristen said...

This is a wonderful card, and I couldn;t agree with you more. Adoption is one of the most amazing things, and I am proud to say that my Goddaughter is adopted, and is a shining star. Great card.

Unknown said...

What a sweet card!

Unknown said...

It's lovely, Chris and I really like the sentiment you used.

Patti Chesky said...

Such a pretty card for a very important occasion!!! Love all the flowers!

Kathy W said...

so glad you got to ink it up, it is a wonderful sentiment

Unknown said...

A lovely card chrissy, love the colour

MJ said...

What a great stamp! And a super pretty card, I love all the different flowers. Great job.

Ida said...

Beautiful! - The flowers are very pretty here and go quite well with each other. What a great Sentiment.

Lisa Bohler said...

Adoption is a perfect theme for a 'love' card. I had three students in my class a few years ago that were all blessed through adoption. Those boys really bonded with their common bond!

Lisa Bohler said...

Plus...LOVE your card!!!

Selene Kempton said...

This is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Chris,

I just had to tell you -
I absolutely LOVE this card!!!

Lori said...

Beautiful! The sentiment is just lovely.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Chris! There certainly is a lot of love involved in adoption! Perfect card for the challenge!

Anita Van Hal said...

this is just beautiful! love the stamp you used too...thank you so much for sharing...o, love what you wrote about families...strengths and weaknesses...so true!

Barbara said...

Oh...I so agree! Life would just be so boring if we were all perfect!! Each of us are unique and different...just like your flowers...makes this the PERFECT addition to your card. Beautiful!