Saturday, October 11, 2008

STAMP CAMP PROJECT ~ 3x3 Note Card Holder, Cards and a Praise!


My Facebook Profile has said for the past week and a half that I am cleaning my desk. Does that show you how often I go there? :) Well, after several people commented on how long I was cleaning my desk...do you think it is clean? Noooooo! LOL
Anyways, this is one of the Stamp Camp project that we will be making on Monday. I have the TUTORIAL for it but....it is some where on this messy desk. Once I unbury it, I am hoping by Monday, I will share it on this post.
This is a 3x3 Note card box and will come with materials to make 3 notecards, the note card box and the tutorial, once I find it. ;)
There are two other Stamp Camp projects, I will share tomorrow - one project will be using Turkey Day from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps - and the other will be using SU's Party Hearty.

Here are the details for this project:
Stamps: Fundamental Phrases
Punches: Scallop Circle, 1 3/8", 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Square punches, Jumbo. Oval
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Hawaii Papaya DP
Accessories: Celery grosgrain, Dimensionals, Felt Flowers, Fire Circle Brads, Chocolate grosgrain, Glue Dots,
Now...for the praise...after writing that post about my sad week - I took that post and copied and pasted it and wrote an e-mail to my friends, personalizing it a bit. We had sent a few e-mails back and forth prior to that, talking about the situation, but in more of a informational form rather than resolving the issue.
Thursday evening, my friend's husband sent me an e-mail using 1 Corinthians 13, Love
1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
With this e-mail of Scripture came on apology. I wasn't sure how to take it. But was Praising GOD because it was a beginning. Yesterday, my friend e-mailed me and wanted to get together to talk. So we got together in the afternoon and prayed together and she offered her apologies for her part and I offered my apologies for my part. We discussed what could be done in the future to resolve any conflicts that come up. Then we discussed our husband's getting together because they were good friends as well and they needed to talk about the situation too. Tonight, they will be coming over and the men (along with us) will talk and pray together as a group.
GOD is good and HE hears us when we cry out to HIM. I am confident this issue will be completely resolved and we will be closer than before. Psalm 91:11-12 says, "For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways. 12 In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone. And one last Scripture for you is Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." Forgive me if that is not exact phrasing, that is coming from my memory. :)
Thank you for your prayers - Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction (I am not so good at this first part!) and faithful in my prayer.

9 comments:

Ceal said...

Prasie God! for HE alone is worthy. Thanks for sharing with us and please know that I am still praying for you my friend!

Lorie said...

Well, good Chris! You may not think you have but you've been very patient in letting God help you work through this time with your friends. He is good! :o)

Oh, and cute box and cards!

Betty Townsend said...

Hi Chris, PTL! that your situation is coming to a resolution. I am sure a load has been lifted after sharing with your friend and now getting together with your spouses. God is good and His mercy endures forever!! I will continue to pray for you. I also do hope you find your notes on this note card box. :) It is super cute and I am looking for ideas for a craft fair that I am participating in next month. A couple of ladies from church are organizing the fair and it's going to be held in the gym of the elementary school across the street from our church. This will be the first time I've ever done anything like this, I've certainly gone to few fairs over the years. :) It should be fun, however have a lot to do to get ready. My situation is not resolved yet, however, I am resting in God's grace and know that He will comfort me. Have a blessed Sunday!
Blessings, Betty

Kathy said...

Beautiful project Chrissy!! I love the papers and the colors that you have used!!
Glad to hear things are getting better!! :)Kathy

Anita said...

Glad to hear things are getting better for you. The box is so cute. What a great gift.

Dani said...

Fabulous box and cards!
So glad things are looking brighter for you! :)

Leona said...

Glad to hear your getting together and trying to sort things out..... plus i love your note card holder imin the middle of doing one of these aswell... great minds eh!

Leona x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card holder! You are such an inspiration. Glad to know things are being resolved!

Kathy W said...

awesome project- love it. I always have good intentions of cleaning and then find some stamping I want to do. goal this weekend to clean my craft room